We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birmingham Hippodrome Theatre - Good/Bad Seating

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Birmingham Hippodrome Theatre - Good/Bad Seating

Can anyone recommend good seats at this theatre please. I think I was in the upper circle the last time I went a few years ago and felt really squashed in my seat. Has anyone sat in the side stalls - just wondered if there was a restricted view of the stage as it is the stage is quite big.

City Sightseeing Stratford-upon-Avon...
42 Reviews
from US$19.50*
Free Cancellation
Sightseeing Birmingham open top bus...
from US$13.50*
Free Cancellation
SEA LIFE Birmingham Admission Ticket
4 Reviews
from US$21.48*
3 replies to this topic
Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birmingham Hippodrome Theatre - Good/Bad Seating

I have sat on all levels of the Hippodrome on many occasions, The seats are the same. There are some with a bit more leg room due tot he layout of the building or allowing for wheelchair access but the actual seats are identical. The boxes on side of the stage have different seats I think - but they are probably very expensive. All seats with restricted view are marked on the seat plan on The Hippodrome website. They tend to be a bit cheaper as a result.

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham Hippodrome
Birmingham Hippodrome
2,986 Reviews
Birmingham, UK
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birmingham Hippodrome Theatre - Good/Bad Seating

The seats at the back on ground level are 100% restricting ,specially if you have young kids.

The seats on upper tier ovr balcony again is quite restricting,as you have to keep leaning forward to look down

Birmingham...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birmingham Hippodrome Theatre - Good/Bad Seating

Personally I always go for central and half way into the stalls at the hippodrome! Unfortunately, these tend to be the most expensive seats!

All seats with restricted views are labelled as so if you book through the hippodrome website.

Edited: 12 October 2017, 20:06
Reply to: Birmingham Hippodrome Theatre - Good/Bad Seating
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted