We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in central Birmingham

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
333 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in central Birmingham

Myself and a few friends want to come up to Birmingham for a weekend and would like to know if anyone can reccommend a central, reasonable hotel? We would probably need 2 doubles/twins in early september.

thanks

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
821 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in central Birmingham

Hi,

I have stayed in the Jury's Inn a couple of times - cost between £65 - £75 per night for the room without breakfast - might be a bit cheaper at weekends as I stayed in the week and it was mainly full of business people.

Its a newish hotel and the rooms are very clean and comfortable with air con which might be an advantage in early Sept.

Its located on Broad St right in the middle of the clubs, bars and restaurants

The parking is quite expensive though - my husbands firm was paying so it didn't affect us but I remember thinking I was glad we weren't paying - but I think a lot of hotels are like this now.

ALl in all it was a nice hotel for a very reasonable cost

Sarah

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in central Birmingham

If you fancy trying out something different (if slightly bonkers) you could try the new nitenite hotel (www.nitenite.com). It's modern, central (1 min walk from Broad Street & the Mailbox / 5 mins from New Street) and very very cheap (around £45 for a room). HOWEVER, the rooms are tiny (literally a bed, shower room and huge plasma tv). Plus there aren't any windows.

I know it sounds horrendous but, unless you are claustrophobic, it's supposed to be very good. Worth visiting their web site and taking a look.

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in central Birmingham

Hi ya

As stated before, the Jury's Inn is probably your best bet. You can get a room with 2 double beds in one room and the hotel is nice.

Down in the lobby there are huge black leather sofa's where people chat and drink after the clubs have shut.

It is also really central for all the bars and restaurants on Broad Street - shopping is just a 10 minute walk away.

It is also central for NIA, Sea Life Centre and Theatre. You did not say what you were coming to Birmingham for? But you can't really go far wrong at the Jury's.

Have fun

Regards

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in central Birmingham

Do you want CHEAP? If so then try the Etap on Bristol Street.

10 mins from everywhere, this place is £36 per room per night. For that you get a double bed with a single bunk overhead, 3 people per room, £12 each. Bargain.

You also get aircon, shower, wc, sink and remote TV. Breakfast is extra. However, if all you want is a place to sleep - this is it.

Free parking if you get there early, Otherwise you get cheap parking, £3 per night, at the local Ibis (5 min walk).

Sunny Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in central Birmingham

Hi!

Travel Lodge are currently doing a summer sale with rooms for £15 per night:

https:/…

This is mostly through August, although there are still a couple of dates available in very early Sept (I checked!)

If the sale is off by the time you book, rooms are generally £66 each.

It is very central - it's right in the middle of Broad Street in fact. I'm staying there in August!

Have fun!

xx Emmie

6. Re: Hotel in central Birmingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 14:26