We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Express station to Aston/Bmham City Uni please???

wirral
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
National Express station to Aston/Bmham City Uni please???

My son is going to an open day at Birmingham City Uni next week, at the Aston site for Architecture. Please can anyone tell me how close the Nat Express stop is to the uni building and the best way to get there? Thanks

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: National Express station to Aston/Bmham City Uni please???

Hi

To be honest I am not 100% where about this particular department is located.

However, if its part of the main campus in Perry Barr which is about 5miles from the City Centre and the coach station, you have a couple of options. Firstly, you can take a taxi. Obviously this is the most expensive option, but will take you to the doorstep

Secondly you can walk to Birmingham New Street train station (about 10 mins)and take a train that stops at Perry Barr (or Aston) and then walk to the main campus. The journey would take about 10-15 mins, and then would be just a 5 minute walk to the main campus.

Finally there are buses that go through the Perry Barr area and stops almost directly outside the campus. The bus number to take would be a number 33, but would mean you having to get into the City Centre to find the bus stop and then know where you are getting off

I am sure others have other ideas especially about the exact location of this department in the university to help you out

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: National Express station to Aston/Bmham City Uni please???

BCU has several departments on the site of Aston University. If the open day is at one of these (I’m sure your son can check) then it’s about a 10-15 minute walk. Upon leaving Digbeth coach station, head towards the Bullring and Selfridges (cannot miss it as it’s a curvaceous building covered in metallic discs) then follow road around to Moor St Station. Keep walking and follow signs for Aston University. It really is just one road which meanders a bit but not far at all. Obviously, if it’s at the Perry Barr Site, then CarlT15’s advice is the right one.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: National Express station to Aston/Bmham City Uni please???

According to the City University website, the School of Architecture is definitely in Gosta Green (Aston University site) on the corner of Holt Street, just before the start of the Aston Expressway. (I suspect ninabean knows more about this than we do, I see she refers to 'the Aston site' - I only realised the City University now has a base there when I came past on a coach last week!)

So Brum74's directions are the ones to follow. Here's the map

bcu.ac.uk/aboutus/…getting-here

Scroll down on the map until you find Digbeth/Meriden Street - the coach station is roughly there. The landmark Selfridges building mentioned above is roughly where it says Bull Ring on the map.

Its a bit of a walk, but I'm sure your son's young and fit!

4. Re: National Express station to Aston/Bmham City Uni please???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2009, 06:19