We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Symphony Hall -places to eat

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Symphony Hall -places to eat

Hi was wondering if anyone knew of any good places to dine close to the Symphony Hall, i am looking for something for my partners birthday - we are seeing the jimmy carr show at 8pm which last 75mins approx.. so either before or after

thanks

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Symphony Hall -places to eat

If you provide details of type of food, budget etc I can be a bit more specific but for now, good modern Italian include Piccolino’s and Strada. Pub food – All Bar One. More upmarket – Bank or Cielo. Very upmarket – Edmunds. All are located within a couple of minutes walk (most are in Brindley Place). A little further along the canal is The Mailbox – loads of restaurants and bars in there including The Oriental, Bar Estillo, Ha Ha Bar, Penny Blacks, Red Peppers and many more besides.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Symphony Hall -places to eat

as you can see there is tons of choices, but personally, if I were to make one recommendation, then I would go for Cielo. Wonderful food and restaurant

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
819 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Symphony Hall -places to eat

I'd also recommend Jimmy Spices which is just off Broad Street, opposite Symphony Hall (entrance down the side of the Australian Walkabout Bar). It's a buffet restaurant offering Chinese, Indian and Italian. Before 7pm it's £9.99 per head for as much as you can eat, after 7 pm I think it's £14.99 per head. I really love the chinese stir fry where you pick the ingredients and then the chef cooks it in front of you. We were there last Saturday and had a great time, the bill for 3 adults, 3 soft drinks and a cider, was just £40 and a few pence, great value!

4. Re: Symphony Hall -places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2010, 07:19