We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twin Rooms at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Twin Rooms at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole

Hi

I am staying at the Hilton next year, but they have no double rooms left, only twins. I personally don't like twins because of small beds, so does anyone know are these beds actually doubles or are they the tiny singles that we once slept in as kids?

The pics on the website show doubles, but you can never bank on that as being the case.

Thanks

West Hartford...
Level Contributor
61 posts
493 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Twin Rooms at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole

My recollection from staying around a year ago is that they are like twin beds from childhood.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Twin Rooms at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole

I suggest you contact hotel directly by email. Tell them your concern and if they respond saying they are bigger beds, at least you have it in writing if it turns out not to be the case. I suspect they will respond saying they are standard size single beds though.

There are other hotels around so if it is not essential you stay there, then look around at other nearby hotels.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Twin Rooms at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole

I booked 3 twin rooms at the Hilton Birmingham last week for clients - they was all double beds. Hope this helps

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Twin Rooms at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole

Thanks for your help. Called the hotel a few times and they say they're all singles, like the ones from childhood. I'll keep on at them though as I thought they had doubles in twin rooms :-)

Thanks

Summers_Slayer

5. Re: Twin Rooms at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2010, 06:15