We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon tea in Birmingham?

manchester
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon tea in Birmingham?

I'm going to Birmingham with my Mum for a weekend of Christmas shopping and was wondering if there was anywhere nice to go for Afternoon Tea in the city centre.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon tea in Birmingham?

If its just tea and cakes you're after, personally I can't resist Druckers when I'm shopping in the city centre - they've got a small cafe at the corner of Temple Row/Great Western Arcade, a larger one on the top floor of the Bullring and one in the Pallasades. House of Fraser, Selfridges and Debenhams all have cafes and restaurants where you can get tea/coffee/cakes and there are coffee shops such as Starbucks/Costa Coffee etc all over town. Also an independent cafe that gets good reviews - Hudson's Coffee House in Colmore Row (between Bennetts Hill & Waterloo St).

However, all these tend to be busy, usually self service places, so if its the traditional afternoon tea experience you're looking for with sandwiches, scones etc. and waiter service in a more peaceful atmosphere I'd suggest you go to the Burlington Hotel in New Street.

macdonaldhotels.co.uk/burlington/…

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon tea in Birmingham?

Hudson’s on Colmore Row is lovely – very charming service (not self service) and they do a wonderful afternoon tea of finger sandwiches and cakes. I’m pretty sure you can jazz it up with a glass of champagne or wine if you like. The Burlington Hotel is an excellent suggestion also. The Hyatt Regency Hotel offers afternoon Tea but not such a convenient location if you are shopping.

3. Re: Afternoon tea in Birmingham?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2010, 05:36