We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birmingham to ?

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Birmingham to ?

Will be in Birmingham for 5 days in April 2010. Where should I go (and how best to get there) for a few days added on after my job is completed? I was thinking of London or Glasgow?

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Birmingham to ?

London is much closer, about 90 minutes on the train, the railway station is in the town centre and their is a fast train around every hour.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birmingham to ?

Lots of places of interest in and around Birmingham.

Warwick Castle

Stratford - Upon - Avon

If you wanted to go to Glasgow you would probably best flying .

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
101 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birmingham to ?

I agree with Badgerlad

Stratford upon Avon is approx. 30 miles from Birmingham as is Warwick

Stratford upon Avon offers - Shakespeares` Birthplace etc

Warwick offers - Warwick Castle, which is a medieval castle

You can check these out on either the Warwick or Stratford upon Avon forum

Glasgow is a little over 300 miles away and flying from Birmingham would be the quickest and probably cheapest method. London as stated is 90 minutes away by train.

Kenilworth
Level Contributor
380 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birmingham to ?

There are lots of interesting places to see close to Birmingham without travelling to London or Glasgow.

If you want a few days to relax I'd suggest you avoid the cities and try the countryside - and for this there are lots of options.

The Cotswolds are the popular choice (and very close to Birmingham), but I suggest you consider the Peak District, Worcestershire or Shropshire and the Welsh borderland which are all close to hand and easy to get to by public transport if you don't want the hassle of driving.

One of the underrated highlights of the region has to be the Malverns - and you can get there easily from Birmingham by train. You could easily spend a couple of days there alone - try the day walk along the Malvern hills from Ledbury to Malvern.

If you really want to go to Glasgow, trains from Birmingham are very good.

5. Re: Birmingham to ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 05:15