We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for self catering cottage/house near nec

3 posts
Save Topic
looking for self catering cottage/house near nec

This year i have unfortunately left it too late to book our usual hotel( for crufts) and all the others are too expensive.We are a party of 5( 2 adults 2 teens and a 6 year old) travelling to birmingham on 11th march for 3 nights.There are no drivers in the party so we are looking for perhaps a cottage or house to rent that isnt too expensive( although i understand they are dearer at this time) thats on a bus route and only a short trip to the nec because we dont want to have a long walk with a 6 year ol child.Any help would be much appreciated.thanks

Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,260 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for self catering cottage/house near nec

I would have thought you would be better off negotiating with an Estate Agent. Check out yell.com for Estate Agents in the Birmingham area and see if they have a short term rental available.

Level Contributor
391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for self catering cottage/house near nec

If you're relying on public transport I suggest that you consider accommodation in Coventry as well as Birmingham. It is only 10 to 15 minutes by train from Coventry station to the NEC, and trains are frequent and relatively cheap.

3. Re: looking for self catering cottage/house near nec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 November 2015, 23:54
Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Birmingham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for self catering cottage/house near nec

Hi, try looking through expedia.co.uk. Alternately look up

Sheldon Guesthouse on Coventry Road, Sheldon - which is about a 5 minute bus ride to NEC. The guesthouse is in an area of a quarter mile of restauants/take aways, shops/pubs and a Harvester, and 10 minute bus ride away from Solihull town centre with lots of shops and eateries.

Place is easy to get to from Nec train Station or from B'ham city centre on 900 bus route. (I live close to this area)

Am checking it out to have my father stay there.

I am sure you would find it cheaper to do bed/breakfast, and fun, but also choose some eating out also.

Best of luck

Mum to 3 grown up teenagers that has done thousands of miles of travelling Uk and abroad.

If you want more help give me your email address please.

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
229 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for self catering cottage/house near nec

Have you thought about a serviced/hotel apartment. More and more are popping up in Birmingham and rates are often cheaper than hotels.

Have a look at www.staybirmingham.com

If you stay in the centre you can easily catch the train (20 mins) to NEC and then pop back for wider choice of restuarants etc.

Good luck

6. Re: looking for self catering cottage/house near nec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 12:17