We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelodge Halesowen & Traffic in Bham

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
207 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Travelodge Halesowen & Traffic in Bham

Is the Birmingham Halesowen Travelodge a new build? I can't find any info on it at all, and as it is fairly cheap in the winter sale, I'm a bit nervous of staying!

Has anyone stayed or know anything about it?

Is it easy to get to the Bullring from Halesowen in the morning is the traffic horrendous on the A465 at rush-hour? what is a good time to avoid queues??

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelodge Halesowen & Traffic in Bham

I think it's a new build.

The traffic will be troublesome (as it always is on way into city centre) so just avoid 8am-9.30am and 4.30pm - 6.30pm.

Edited: 01 November 2011, 20:06
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
207 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelodge Halesowen & Traffic in Bham

I usually come in the Ashton route from the M6 toll but am thinking of coming in the other route from the East.

Is it reasonable to get from Halesowen to the Bullring by 10am if I leave at 9.15am?

Will I still find parking in the Bullring?

Sorry for all the questions, I panic in traffic so would rather go when it is quieter.

thanks for the reply

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,224 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelodge Halesowen & Traffic in Bham

I'd have thought that 45 minutes at that time of day would be sufficient. Can't answer regarding the parking situation though, sorry

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
207 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelodge Halesowen & Traffic in Bham

many thanks, the bullring is fairly huge so i'd hazard a guess at "yes" :)

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelodge Halesowen & Traffic in Bham

If you don’t like driving into the city centre – you are only a couple of miles from Northfield (into New Street ) or Old Hill (into Moor Street). both stations are right beside the Bullring. Journey of 20 minutes and cost about £4 at peak times, less outside commuting times. You could always leave the car at the station and take train to city centre. Much better idea and even though I live here and know the roads well, I would rather take the train, especially at Christmas.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelodge Halesowen & Traffic in Bham

Yes the traffic can be a nightmare at times from that side of the city. I would take the train too to be honest. If you still decide to take the car, there should be car park spaces available, as the car parks at the Bull Ring are pretty large

northants
Level Contributor
2 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelodge Halesowen & Traffic in Bham

I have just stayed at the Travelodge at Halesowen (last 2 nights) and it is a new build- so nice and clean with free parking.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
207 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelodge Halesowen & Traffic in Bham

thanks for all the heads up - very useful. how long is the train into newstreet. Im not a fan of trains either (bit of a travel-panicker when it gets busy) so although this is the obvious option if it is likely to be (a) packed (b) likely to be stuck on the rails for ages (c) take more than 15 minutes, I'd be much better in the car!

Glad to know Halesowen is nice - it is only £19 for the night I want to stay - all city centre hotels (that won't give me fleas) are around £40 so quite a saving!

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelodge Halesowen & Traffic in Bham

It is probably better to drive in that case. There will be plenty of parking.

Enjoy.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
207 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelodge Halesowen & Traffic in Bham

Thank you :)