We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels with parking

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
hotels with parking

I'm going to the clothes show in december and planing on making a weekend of it in b'ham. I'll be driving up friday evening from cardiff and me and my friend want to stay in a central hotel in the city then on saturday we'll be driving to the clothes show.

Can anyone suggest any city centre hotels with parking, don't mind if we have to pay to park.

Also saturday night we want to go out in b'ham, we don't really want to go to any clubs, just some nice bars price isn't to much of an issue we don't want to go to weatherspoons or that type of place.

Finally we will want a nice meal saturday night we preferably indian or italian.

Thanks

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels with parking

You may want to look at the etap hotel which has a limited amount of pay for parking spaces. This is low cost but that'll mean more money for clothes shopping!

etaphotel.com/gb/…

Not sure about your other requirements as it's been years since I went into B'ham city centre. If you are willing to travel out of the city centre there's always the balti triangle you could try for Indian etc food.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels with parking

Thistle hotel says it has discounted parking adjacent to the hotel. Would expect that there will be a NCP or similar fairly close to any city centre hotel that you might choose

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels with parking

Most of the hotels in the city centre have parking arrangements with NCP and other car parks very close by. Therefore, most important is to narrow down choices of hotel and then call the hotel. Also, I think it’s a mistake to drive to clothes show live – it is a massive event, parking is extortionate and it can take over an hour to get out of the car park. The train from Birmingham New Street direct to Birmingham International can take as little as 10 minutes (Virgin Trains) and takes you straight there. Train ticket will cost about £4 return. Leave the car at the hotel if you are just going to the show and back again.

Hotels book up when there are major shows at NEC.

Please give an idea of budget for the meal and we can advise further. Birmingham has loads of Indian restaurants and some very good Italian restaurants but budget information is required. Also, if you want it close to your hotel, we need to know location.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels with parking

I forgot to mention nice bars. Lots of them.

St Paul’s/Jewellery Quarter – try The Vaults which has a fantastic restaurant and late night bar. Their website gives full details. The Drop Forge, Vertu and The Rectory Bar are nice also.

Colmore Row – Sugar Loaf Bar (within Bodega – a South American restaurant) on Bennett’s Hill is young, vibrant and great cocktails. Hotel Du Vin and Ginger’s are great cocktail bars.

Mailbox/The Cube – loads of bars including Malmaison, Bar Epernay and some new ones opening in the Cube on 1st Dec -including Marco Pierre White’s new bar and Grill. Also, new Hotel Indigo opens same time.

Broad Street – more mainstream but lots of choices. Upmarket bars include The Hyatt and Pushkar (which is also upmarket Indian restaurant).

Just off Broad Street – Brindley Place has lots of bars and restaurants and is generally upmarket place. Nuvo and Bank offer great cocktails.

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels with parking

The Premier Inn,Brindley Place, Broad Street has a car park free to hotel residents.

premierinn.com/en/hotel/BIRPTI/birmingham-br…

We stayed there a couple of years ago and would certainly stay there again when next staying in Birmingham. Nice clean & modern hotel,friendly staff and plenty of bars & restaurants on the doorstep.

6. Re: hotels with parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 05:17