We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunday roast

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England, United...
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
sunday roast

Bit of a random question I know,but can anyone recommend somewhere for Sunday lunch in South Birmingham -pub grub is fine. I cant keep up with which pubs in Kings Heath/ Moseley do this -and I have heard mixed reports about a couple of them..

Want to take a couple of friends next weekend,and Nathaniels in Moseley,which I love,is going to be a bit over budget this time.

Grateful for suggestions!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunday roast

The owners of The Prince of Wales have worked wonders with the place (in my opinion). I believe that they still do food on a Sunday at lunchtime. You could give them a ring on 449 4198 just to make sure.

The Elizabeth of York in Moseley does a Wetherspoons Sunday lunch but is a bit of a dire place unless you find seating upstairs. Cheap though.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunday roast

Thanks Kon - agree re the Prince, in fact that was the plan, but someone told me they have stopped doing Sunday lunch - I`ll ring them and check.

I have to be honest, am not too crazy about the Liz - will keep it in mind as a last resort maybe.

Cheers for the response.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunday roast

As a Moseley resident (some would say 'lifer') I agree re The Prince of Wales – if they are still doing Sunday roasts, then go there.

The Fighting Cocks is also good but can get quite crowded. You can reserve tables though.

If the budget will stretch – Carter’s of Moseley is fantastic but as you have ruled out Nathaniel’s (which I also like a lot) I suspect that is not a possibility.

As for The Liz – I’d rather stay at home and have a cheese sandwich. It’s ok for a quick pint but I wouldn’t really recommend it as a place for catch up meal with old friends.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunday roast

Hi Brum

Yes, am dying to try Carters, but not this weekend sadly. It seems the Prince isn't doing Sunday lunches at present, so the Fighting Cocks it is!

5. Re: sunday roast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2012, 10:22