We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cucina Rustica

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
310 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Cucina Rustica

Hi just booked this restaurant for my birthday weekend and wondered if there are any decent bars around this area.

Many thanks

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cucina Rustica

This is on Ludgate Hill and is in the "St Pauls Church" district which is one of the nicest areas of central Birmingham.

There are bars on Ludgate Hill, as well as around the church in St Pauls Square. There are also bars in other side streets.

A bit about St Pauls square here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Paul's_Square,_Birmingham

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cucina Rustica

If you go into Google Maps and put the restaurant postcode of B31DX you can then go down into Street View and "walk" the area.

The restaurant at 24 Ludgate Hill seems to be called San Paolo so I assume it has been fairly recently renamed Cucina Rustica (the TA reviews start in March).

You can see it has an outdoor bar area, and opposite is the Actress and Bishop bar. There seems to be other bars down Ludgate Hill.

If you use street view to "walk" round nearby St Pauls square you can see other bars such as the Rectory and the Rope Walk.

Just North of St Pauls squre is the jewellery quarter with more bars. This is a nice area to stroll around.

I am afraid I dont go out to bars so I cant advice you which are the best and worst in the area.

Edited: 23 November 2011, 08:59
Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cucina Rustica

Cucina Rustica has bar itself for a drink before or after meal but not necessarily a place you would stay for more than one drink.

Stirling’s is a wonderful bar. This would be a good place to meet your friends before the meal and very convenient as only a couple of doors away.

The Rectory on St Paul’s Square is also a good bar.

Across the road there is a nice, more traditional pub, The Actress and Bishop. Can get crowded when they have gigs on.

As Guilbert53 says, there are loads of bars around there so just see which one suits.

Slightly further but I think worth the walk are The Rose Villa Tavern, Vertu, The Lord Clifden and The Drop Forge. (all within 10-15 mintues walk)

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cucina Rustica

One further thing - I go out in St Paul's and Jewellery Quarter quite a lot and I have been to all the bars I have recommended. I'm sure you will have a great night as it is a very nice part of town.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
310 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cucina Rustica

Thanks for everyone's replies, I'm really looking forward to the night now

6. Re: Cucina Rustica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2012, 10:23