We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Pierre White's restaurant at the Cube

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,824 posts
299 reviews
Save Topic
Marco Pierre White's restaurant at the Cube

Has it opened yet? Wondering what the word on the street is.

http://www.mpwsteakhousebirmingham.co.uk/

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco Pierre White's restaurant at the Cube

It opened yesterday. I'm going there on Saturday. Can't wait.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,824 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco Pierre White's restaurant at the Cube

Lucky you! This will sound a bit of an odd request given that it's a steak house, but I'd love to know if there are any veggie options on the menu. Hope you have a great time.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco Pierre White's restaurant at the Cube

Give us a review of the restaurant Brum and hope you enjoy it

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco Pierre White's restaurant at the Cube

The restaurant is exactly what Birmingham needs - very glam with the most fantastic views. No vegetarian main course options but I was told the kitchen could do something if you ask. They did have veg soup made with veg stock but chips are cooked in beef dripping so it depends how strict you are. It really is a wonderful addition to Birmingham's excellent restaurant scene. The champagne bar opens next week.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,824 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marco Pierre White's restaurant at the Cube

It sounds super Brum! Thanks for making enquiries. I hear they have a lovely goats cheese and onion tarte tatin starter that I could probably eat according to someone who was in last night. Pity about the chips in dripping but at least they sound switched on enough about the potential issues for us veggies. Thanks:)

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marco Pierre White's restaurant at the Cube

We went on the opening night... I've written a review which should appear in the next day or so. It's worth it just for the view but it's also a very good addition to the Birmingham restaurant scene. Cheers!

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marco Pierre White's restaurant at the Cube

My friend and I were lucky enough to get an invite for one of the opening events too. The view is simply breathtaking after dark, you'd want to dress to impress and the way its been designed is so you can take your time over your meal, the table is yours for the night to just enjoy it. The wine list is extensive and the bar well stocked as we discovered :o) The food was gorgeous. We had the fillet steak and it literally melted on the tongue and beef dripping chips are the way forward. A word to the wise, unless youre a hungry type of person dont bother with side orders, I couldnt finish my steak let alone the extras it came with (admittedly I did have a starter), also divine. Well worth a visit and really reasonably priced too for the class of venue... If you can get a table. Rumour has it theyre fully booked until January!!!

Birmingham, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Marco Pierre White's restaurant at the Cube

We visited Marco's last night for our 25th Anniversary.

When we booked, we mentioned we are vegetarian- we were told there is usually one option available.

The restaurant was 1/3rd full, so we aked if we could sit by the window, as there were 4 tables free. We were told no, only for them same member of staff, to then go and ask some other people (who had arrived after us) if they would like to move to a window seat.

On asking about a vege option, we were offered Tomato and basil Risotto, I asked if there are any other choices- we were told you can have green beans and creamed spinach!

Service was poor- staff unhelpful- we declined and left.

Not a good experience overall.

Edited: 26 January 2012, 13:07
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marco Pierre White's restaurant at the Cube

That's odd that they wouldn't offer you a window table when there were several free. I'm going there in mid February and am determined to get a window seat, even if I have to sit on another diners lap! lol

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marco Pierre White's restaurant at the Cube

Very strange they would be so rude to refuse your request for a window seat when there were tables available. As for the food choices, I agree, vegetarians are badly served. I was a vegetarian for 22 years but started eating fish last month. It was only because I started eating fish that I agreed to go to MPW - the menu is so very limited for vegetarians. You can always post a review on this site in the restaurants section - more people will see it then and other vegetarians will know it's unlikely to be a good choice for them.