We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub Crawl....?

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nottingham
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Pub Crawl....?

Hi folks, i'm looking for a pub crawl route that starts and ends at the Britannia Hotel,Union Passage. Roughly 8 - 10 pubs that are popularish,but relaxed. No real dress code.

Thanks alot.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pub Crawl....?

Some of the following pubs are busier than others but you will not have to walk further than 200m between any of them so if you walk into one and it's not for you, go to the next one. Also, all of my suggestions are pubs with real ales and a mix of ages. If you are looking for bars with DJ/ music/jagerbombs etc, then most of these will not suit. If that is the case, go straight to Broad Street.

The Square Peg (JD Wetherspoon pub) Corporation Street.

The Windsor (Cannon Street)

The Shakespeare (Lower Temple Street)

The Trocadero (Temple Street)

The Old Joint Stock (Temple Row) leave by back garden exit which leads directly into

The Wellington (Bennett's Hill)

The Briar Rose (JD Wetherspoon pub) (Bennett's Hill)

The Sun on the Hill (Bennett's Hill)

If you are still standing, head to Broad Street. If not, head down Bennett's Hill, turn Left and 200m down is your hotel.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,478 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pub Crawl....?

www.barcrawl.co.uk/pubcrawls.aspx?City=14

www.beerintheevening.com/crawls/gen.shtml

Can't recommend anywhere myself, but perhaps the 2 sites above will help a bit??

Cheers!!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pub Crawl....?

Be warned if you do go to Broad Street, you will encounter the fashion police; although the weatherspoons pubs and from what I remember O'Neils have a more relaxed attitude.

Also if your crawl is before Christmas do not forget about the various outlets in the German Market.

Edited: 03 December 2011, 22:15
nottingham
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pub Crawl....?

Pretty decent info, thousand thanks guys.

5. Re: Pub Crawl....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 21:16