We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap overnight parking near New Street Station (weekend)

Level Contributor
174 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap overnight parking near New Street Station (weekend)

I'm travelling from Birmingham to London on Saturday (returning Sunday) and was wondering if there's somewhere near New St Station that I could park my car, either for free or for a cheap rate.

Is there any parking on Hill St?

The NCP is about £25.

Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap overnight parking near New Street Station (weekend)

Overnight parking is free on Birmingham streets but only between 7.30pm and 8am each day including Sundays http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/parking this is a relatively new change as you used to be able to park for free on Sundays. Therefore, on street parking seems unlikely as (I assume) you will not be back from London by 8am.

There are a number of city centre surface car parks which are pretty cheap. There is one on corner of Bromsgrove Street and Gooch Street North (near Hurst Street) which is £2.50 for a 24 hour ticket. How safe your car is however is anyone’s guess. This is about 10 minute walk to New Street Station.

2. Re: Cheap overnight parking near New Street Station (weekend)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2012, 10:19
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now