We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are most shops in the jewellery. quarter open on a Monday?

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
349 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
are most shops in the jewellery. quarter open on a Monday?

Hi,

Hoping to look for a special piece of jewellery in the various. Jewellers in the jewellery. Quarter next week.

Are any of the jewellers open on a Sunday?

What about Mondays, would the majority be open that day?

Thanks in advance

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,291 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are most shops in the jewellery. quarter open on a Monday?

Sorry to disappoint you but no they're not. Here is a link to the opening times...

jewelleryquarter.net/directory/…

I went a couple of weeks ago but on a Tuesday when they were all open. Had a really good wander around and a good day out.

Looks like you will have to replan for Tuesday til Saturdays, but it's well worth a visit.

Ireland
Level Contributor
349 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: are most shops in the jewellery. quarter open on a Monday?

Thanks for reply. I read the link, but it seems to suggest that the museum isnt open on a Monday but I dont mind that.

It's the actual jewellery/diamond shops that I want - I think some will be open on the Monday wont they?

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,291 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: are most shops in the jewellery. quarter open on a Monday?

I don't know if they are open on Mondays. As I said we went on a Tuesday. if they are open on a Saturday they will probably take their weekend day at the beginning of the week. I did find another website but haven't posted the link because all it says is each individual jeweller may have different opening times. Would it be worth ringing the number on the first link to see if they can help?

The only other thing I can say is that if you are in Birmingham anyway then go for a look around and keep your fingers crossed.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: are most shops in the jewellery. quarter open on a Monday?

Hi Irish Eyes, I used to work in the Jewellery Quarter until fairly recently, and I`m sure most shops were open on Mondays. I looked at a couple of shops on the link posted by Daisy and they were indeed open Monday - Friday or Monday - Saturday, so I think you`ll be fine, but I don`t think many are open Sundays apart from at Christmas..

Hope you find what you are looking for!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: are most shops in the jewellery. quarter open on a Monday?

Went there on a Monday leading up to Christmas and shops were all open.

Ireland
Level Contributor
349 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: are most shops in the jewellery. quarter open on a Monday?

Thanks all - fingers crossed I'll get the ring I'm looking for :)

I'd better, or hubby-to-be might just change his mind about the whole thing, lol!!

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,291 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: are most shops in the jewellery. quarter open on a Monday?

If you can't see what you are looking for then they will make it for you. I'm guessing that you would have to re-visit to collect though.

Also, the reason I went was to sell old jewellery that I no longer wore. They do buy and at a good rate, so if you have any old 'tat' then take it with you and sell it. My 'tat' was worth £602 which paid for a new diamond ring. Was well pleased.

Ireland
Level Contributor
349 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: are most shops in the jewellery. quarter open on a Monday?

oooh - I'd better have a little look around my jewellery box then for anything I no longer wear - thanks for the tip!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: are most shops in the jewellery. quarter open on a Monday?

Some of the jewellery shops are open on a Sunday. See guide below for shops and opening hours.

There's also a farmer's market every month - 24 Carrots (!) - next one is on 17 March. http://www.24carrots.org.uk/

And there's an online "Jewellery Quarter Essential e-Guide" at

http://issuu.com/myjq/docs/jqeguide/23

so you can plan your visit.

Marion

Birmingham...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: are most shops in the jewellery. quarter open on a Monday?

What time on a thursday does it close??