We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Star hotel for early flight out of Birmingham Airport

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,007 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
4 Star hotel for early flight out of Birmingham Airport

I need to stay overnight in Birmingham as I have an early morning flight out of the airport the following day.

I am considering staying in the Novotel Birmingham Airport but am also considering a hotel in the city providing it is close to the main coach station. I am looking for a four star hotel with a budget of around £100 for one night.

If you have any additional suggestions, let me know.

Thanks for your replies.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Star hotel for early flight out of Birmingham Airport

I don't quite understand the post - if you are travelling from Birmingham Airport why do you need to be near the coach station?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,007 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Star hotel for early flight out of Birmingham Airport

Sorry for the confusion. We are travelling from Cardiff by coach with National Express. Either want to stay in an airport hotel overnight or stay in Birmingham (close to the coach station) and travel to the airport the following morning. Thanks again.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Star hotel for early flight out of Birmingham Airport

Personally I'd just run with the Novotel at the airport. That way you've got all your travel done from Cardiff to the airport and can then wake up fresh for the flight, which will be on your doorstep.

There should be no traffic problems going out of town to the airport early morning but why risk anything happening like a burst tyre on the taxi out, a minor collision etc. Guess that may just be me and the way I fret about flights.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Star hotel for early flight out of Birmingham Airport

I agree, it might be better to go straight to airport.

If you do decide city centre, hotel room prices in Birmingham are very dependant on whether there are large exhibitions/events going on at that time. So prices fluctuate massively. However, depending on if you can get a deal within your budget, 10-20 minutes walk from the coach station there are a number of 4* hotels – Hotel La Tour, The Burlington, Radisson Blu, Malmaison, Hotel Du Vin (some of these will not usually be inside your budget but they may have offers if you sign up to their websites). A little further on Broad Street, there is a Novotel and Hyatt.

There are also a good bunch of what I think are 3* hotels – Ibis, Encore, Etap which might suit.

In the morning, no need to worry about traffic at all, you can catch a direct train to the airport (Birmingham International) from Birmingham New Street. Only takes about 10 minutes on a virgin train.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,007 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Star hotel for early flight out of Birmingham Airport

Thanks all. I think going straight to the airport is the best option as well. Thanks again.

cannock
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Star hotel for early flight out of Birmingham Airport

i would reccomend the Crowne Plaza & upgrade to the Club room which cives you free drinks in the Club Lounge & free breakfast.

prices vary but Club rooms are currently £105

7. Re: 4 Star hotel for early flight out of Birmingham Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 06:16