We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please -meeting near New street station -

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Advice please -meeting near New street station -

Hi guys

need some advice

Client wants to meet at or near new street station

We will both be arriving by train

Need suggestions on venue - will be midweek around 12:00

was thinking on a starbucks on the bullring

must be easy to find - as i am geographically challenged

Any suggestions?

Thx

Peter

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,633 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice please -meeting near New street station -

There is a seated waiting area next to the Cafe Ritazza, on the main concourse, opposite the Travel Centre.

nationalrail.co.uk/stations/sjp/BHM/plan.html

There is a Starbucks in the Pallasades shopping centre above the station.

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
101 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice please -meeting near New street station -

As you go through the ticket barriers as if you were leaving the station. There are escalators directly in front of you. Go up these escalators and when you reach the top you are in the Pallasades shopping centre. At the top turn to the right.

Lol, then take 20 or 30 footsteps and Starbucks is on your right.

Hope this helps

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice please -meeting near New street station -

magic - just what i needed

thx

Peter

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice please -meeting near New street station -

Note that when you turn right at the top of the escalators you can continue on through a walkway that takes you over the road into the BullRing so no need to go outdoors.

There is a huge amount of building work going on in New Street station and many shops have closed down while the developent is going on, so Pallisades does not look too great at the moment.

It may be worth walking on an extra few hundred yards into the BullRing as that has no work going on and may be cleaner and more pleasant.

Also go and see the "Bull" statue at the front of the BullRing as they have dressed it up for the Queens Jubilee and the Olympics.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice please -meeting near New street station -

Or if you can make your way out of the back entrance of new street and then turn left walk straight ahead for a few mins (crossing a road) you will be heading towards the mailbox but before you get to the mailbox there is a lovely cafe called Cafe Blend they do all sorts of teas and coffees plus food makes a nice change to starbucks.

Plymouth
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice please -meeting near New street station -

I had 20 minutes to spare while changing trains at Birmingham New Street Station this week. As anyone who has visited will know, this is the most depressing station on the network. Having taken the time to venture outside the barriers, I discovered Caffe Ritazza. What a breath of fresh air. I was served by a young gentleman who seemed genuinely to care about what I wanted...what would make me happy. While I am under no illusions about the truth of this, I felt I was on the receiving end of great customer service. I had to get up at 5am to catch my train from Exeter - by the time I arrived in Birmingham, I was grumpiness personified. After my trip to Caffe Ritazza, I was happy, happy, happy. I will definitely visit again. Well done Caffe Ritazza...please give this lovely, happy man a LARGE bonus.....he is such a great advert for your organisaion.

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice please -meeting near New street station -

>>>As anyone who has visited will know, this is the most depressing station on the network.

Which is why the whole station is being rebuilt costing hundreds of millions of pounds, and when it is finished it will be more like a modern airport terminal than a 1970s train station.

They are adding new entrances and exits around the station, and they are also building a huge John Lewis above it (which will be the second largest in the UK I believe).

More here

http://www.newstreetnewstart.co.uk/

Here is a video of what the station may look like when finished

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgz0IBvT6iA

Edited: 25 August 2012, 10:12
8. Re: Advice please -meeting near New street station -

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2013, 10:15