We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day lunch 2012

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day lunch 2012

Hi all!

I'm trying to book Christmas lunch in Birmingham. I thought it was early to be asking this question but alot of places are closed / already booked. We are staying near Brindley Place, but no joy with resturants there or Carters in Moseley. I'm running out of places to go!

Anyone have a recommendation? Preferably near to our hotel or in the Moseley area. Don't mind if its resturant, hotel or pub, as long as the food is good and preferably turkey with trimmings. Less than £60 a head would be a bonus.

Thanks!

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day lunch 2012

It is possibly a bit early for some of the smaller restaurants to decide whether to open. It’s a pity Carter’s isn’t going to open – that would have been one of my suggestions.

Hotel du Vin, Malmaison, Hyatt and Hotel la Tour are bound to have Christmas day menu. All will undoubtedly be good but might just be over your budget.

Marco Pierre White’s will I’m sure be open too.

We had Christmas at Bank once – it was very good indeed but it’s really in need of a refurb now – food and drinks still very good – just looks dated.

Edmund's and Love’s are definitely worth checking out - again might be both tight on budget but well worth the extra.

Birmingham, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day lunch 2012

'Bellagio' have 2 restaurants, one just outside Dudley and one in West Bromwich. Surprising locations but excellent food and service. The Dudley one, by The Village Health Club is more contemporary as opposed to a more traditional style in West Bromwich, which is also a hotel. I have eaten there and couldn't fault them and so have many more people I know, with great feedback..Looked on the website this week and the Christmas Day Lunch is around £50.

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day lunch 2012

Thanks, I'll look into those!

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day lunch 2012

Hi guys, did you have any luck? I can't find anywhere open for Christmas day?

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day lunch 2012

Beklar - if you are asking this question of Wana_go_eveyrwhere - you would be better to pm them. If you would like suggestions from people on here, better to let us know your budget, size of group, locations preferred etc so that members can make sensible recommendations.

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Day lunch 2012

Hi Beklar, we've booked Cafe Rouge. Nothing fancy, but at least we get to eat on Christmas Day!

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
829 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Day lunch 2012

If anyone is still looking for somewhere to eat Christmas day then La Banca in Cotteridge is opening http://www.labanca.co.uk/ and has a nice xmas menu. Would need to park on street somewhere local as there is no car park.

8. Re: Christmas Day lunch 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 01:15