We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late bars

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Late bars

Two ladies in their 40's Visiting Birmingham this weekend for a couple of nights, would be grateful for any suggestions of nice bars to go in the evening for an after dinner/ late drink, where there are people more in our age group (don't want to feel too out of place !)

Preferably somewhere with a bit of life and /music, but don't really want to go to a club as such.

New to Birmingham, andt we are staying centrally at the Premier Inn, Waterloo Street.

Thanks !

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late bars

The bars I am suggesting are all within a few minutes’ walk of your hotel, suitable for your age group (same as my own) and lively without being a club. All have their own websites.

Your hotel has a bar – very lively with after work crowd on Fridays.

Ginger’s - perfect cocktails.

Fumo - super bar/restaurant next door to your hotel

Chameleon – lively bar , sometimes with live music.

Utopia – simply a nice pub

Primitivo – more restaurant than bar but you can go just for drinks.

Old Joint Stock – very grand old pub that used to be bank.

Enjoy.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late bars

If you do not mind walking a bit further, then The Mailbox is a very easy 5-8 minute walk from your hotel – Malmaison, Bar Epernay and the Champagne Bar or Marco Pierre White’s bar (both at the top of The Cube) are all perfect.

A little further but still walkable or very cheap taxi ride is St Paul’s Square/Hockley –try The Vaults, The Rectory Bar or Stirling’s Bar & Bistro.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late bars

Thanks very much for your replies 'Brum74', that has given us plenty to go on. We will probably stay in out hotel area Friday, and venture further afield to the Mailbox or like on Saturday.

Really looking forward to our visit!

Cheers !

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late bars

Lassi_lass - I hope you enjoy your visit. If you need any further information, just ask.

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late bars

Hi Lassi_lass,not sure if you'll see this post as you may be travelling now,but I've just come back from a 4 day stay to Birmingham and stayed in the PI hotel,Waterloo St which was lovely.

I can defo recommend the Colmore Bar n Grill there.Considering it was a mid week stay,the bar was pretty lively in the evenings and had a busy trade at lunch times also.Good food,attentive staff and all at reasonable prices.They have offers on for certain drinks on certain days aswell.Nice bar with a good relaxed atmosphere and vibe.

I also visited the Old Joint Stock pub just across the road from the hotel a few times and I liked it there very much.What a beautiful place.The decor is outstanding and again it had very helpful staff.Food looked fab also,but I didn't eat there.

Went to a Weatherspoons located in a small shopping centre (4get name),but a short(ish) walk from hotel and that was packed to the hilt.Of course,cheap prices so value for money.

Had a drink in the Malthouse pub right by the canal (opp the Sealife Centre) and that was quite busy aswell.

Hope u enjoy ur weekend.I loved it in Birmingham and look forward to returning.Fab place and the shops are great.......

Nottingham
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late bars

Hi Jesseche,

Hey, you just caught me before I was leaving work to catch the train.

Thanks for your suggestions, seems like there are so many great eating drinking places in Brum and I think the location of our P.I is ideal.

Cheers !

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late bars

Yep,the location of the hotel is great for everything TBH.

Opposite the lovely cathedral and alot of the attractions,museums and of course all the fab shops.Think the longest we walked anywhere was about 10/12 mins at most which was the canal area where there were lots of bars/restaurants etc.,

Have a safe journey and enjoy your trip.....

8. Re: Late bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2013, 10:19