We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier Inn New Street, is it ok?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
245 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Premier Inn New Street, is it ok?

Looking to book this hotel for our visit to the Tattoo at the end of November and our yearly visit to the Christmas markets. We like P.Inns but last time we found the one near the canal a bit of a walk from the station this one is new therefore I am struggling to find any reviews on it. Has anyone stayed there?

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premier Inn New Street, is it ok?

I am not aware there is a Premier Inn on New Street. There is one on Waterloo Street which is close by - perhaps this is the one you mean?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premier Inn New Street, is it ok?

From the PI website this is a new hotel & the first date I can see that they're taking bookings for is 7 October which would explain the absence of reviews.

Perhaps someone local can answer your question about the location - this is the hotel's webpage:

premierinn.com/en/hotel/BIREXC/birmingham-ci…

I've stayed in another PI soon after opening and had no problems & as it's a chain adding new hotels regularly I wouldn't expect any issues related to "newness" by November.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
245 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premier Inn New Street, is it ok?

Ah that explains why I can't find any reviews on it! Booked it off the P,I, website and it did say new hotel but I din't realise it had not opened as I only put in my specific dates at the end of November. At least the hotel will be new when we visit so that will be nice thanks for replies.

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,115 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premier Inn New Street, is it ok?

This hotel is right on New St itself, and right next to New Street train station. The Christmas Market will be just yards from the front door of the hotel.

For those that know Birmingham the hotel is by the "slope" that leads off New St into the Pallasades shopping centre. It is above the HSBC bank which is on New St and on the other side of the road from Waterstones bookshop also on New St.

The entrance to the hotel is near McDonalds, part way up the slope.

It is in an existing "office" building, known previously as the Exchange Building, and it is a total refurbishment of that building.

It will be perfect for the Xmas market, but a 10 or 15 minute walk to the NIA which I assume is where the Tattoo is.

Edited: 24 June 2013, 21:28
Cheshire
Level Contributor
245 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premier Inn New Street, is it ok?

I think I know where you mean as we have been to Birmingham for the past two years travelling to New St from Manchester Piccadily as its easier than having to find parking. We stayed at the PI Brindley place last year which was nice but as I said we found it a long walk with cases so this time we wanted closer to the station. Dont mind the walk to the NIA as we like the bars and restaurants around that area, thank you.

6. Re: Premier Inn New Street, is it ok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 06:20