We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow to Birmingham

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow to Birmingham

Hi....I am arriving around 8pm at London Heathrow and will need to get to Birmingham the same night. I hope someone can help answer my questions

1. How far is it by coach/bus to Birmingham? Which Terminal do I get the bus from?

2. How much would it be by train? How long would the trip take?

3. Which Terminal would I take the train from?

4. How frequent are the trains/bus, if I took it at that time?

5. Would it be cheaper to buy train/bus tickets earlier online? Would the cost be much less?

Truly appreciate any help I can get. Thanks for your help

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,100 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow to Birmingham

nationalexpress.com gives you all of the answers - note that if it routes you via central London then it probably means you are at T4 or T5 at Heathrow and there aren't direct coaches. If this happens just repeat for T1/T3 which is a short FREE train ride from T4 or T5.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,479 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow to Birmingham

There's a coach at 19.45 from Terminal 5, 19.50 from Terminal 4 and 20.15 from Central Bus Station (services Terminals 1 and 3) but unlikely you would get that.

The next one is at 21.25 from Terminal 5, 21.35 from Terminal 4 and 22.00 from Central Bus Station. This gets into Birmingham's Central Coach Station at 00.40. This coach is direct.

Book at www.nationalexpress.com

The rail option would mean a hour's journey by Underground into Central London to catch a train from Euston.

Edited: 11 October 2013, 19:17
3. Re: Heathrow to Birmingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 06:19