We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamworth UK return to Pari

Albury, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tamworth UK return to Pari

I am staying in Tamworth with family and we are travelling to Paris mid December. What are the recommended transport options and rough price comparisons? Fly direct to Paris from Birmingham or travel to London and get Eurostar?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,196 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamworth UK return to Pari

Eurostar tickets go on sale 120 days in advance of travel and UK rail tickets 12 weeks in advance, so if you decide to take trains you should book now. You may / should be able to book a through ticket at www.eurostar.com but if not then check www.nationalrail.co.uk for the UK sector, ensuring you allow enough time for the short (10 minute) walk from Euston to St Pancras and lead time for the Eurostar departure.

Flybe and Air France have services from and to BHX and Paris CDG; for the short journey I'd say choose on price.

Albury, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamworth UK return to Pari

Thanks TravellerPlus.

So far the flights option is proving to be cheaper.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,715 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamworth UK return to Pari

It does not surprise me. UK rail travel is not cheap. Also you are nicely situated in Tamworth. Both East Midlands and Birmingham airports are only 20 minutes away and if these don't suit London Luton is less than an hour.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,668 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tamworth UK return to Pari

Taking into consideration travelling time to London to get on Eurostar I think the better option may be a flight from BHX. If you choose the right time to book then you may find it cheaper too (as you said). East Midlands airport is another option but Birmingham is slightly nearer and cheaper if you need to use a taxi.

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tamworth UK return to Pari

You mention "you and family' ; if there are three or four passengers, a taxi to the airport would be the best bet for convenience and not much more expensive than a train.

6. Re: Tamworth UK return to Pari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Birmingham