We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birmingham Airport to Moor Station to reach Bicester

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Birmingham Airport to Moor Station to reach Bicester

Hi,

Will land into Birmingham Airport at 12.30 but need to be at Bicester by 2.45 (for appointment), hence I need to make the 1.15 train from Moor Station. No luggage and plan on getting a taxi from airport straight to Moor Station, do you think i'll make it in time? If not any other bus service etc to Bicester/Chesterton?

Any advice would be great, thanks :)

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
295 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birmingham Airport to Moor Station to reach Bicester

45 mins is not enough time from landing to get to Moor Street station by taxi or by train.

It would be quicker to get a taxi from the airport to Solihull station, from where there are direct trains to Bicester. However, I still think you may struggle to get to Bicester by 2.45pm. Can you get an earlier flight or reschedule your appointment?

London
Level Contributor
9,312 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birmingham Airport to Moor Station to reach Bicester

You don't need to go to Moor St. You can get a train from the airport to Banbury (the Bournemouth train), and pick up the Bicester line train there. However, to get to Bicester by 1445, you'd need to catch the 1314 from the airport. If you only land at 1230 I doubt you'd catch it.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,540 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birmingham Airport to Moor Station to reach Bicester

+1 for taxi to Solihull. The train to Bicester North calls there nine minutes after leaving Birmingham New Street.

But why oh why such tight timings?

Oxford UK
Level Contributor
995 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birmingham Airport to Moor Station to reach Bicester

Don't waste time going into central Birmingham to go to Moor Street - it's the wrong direction. Get a cab to Solihull as stated above, then a Chiltern Railways train to Bicester from there. Trains are hourly. If you're VERY lucky you'll get the 1324 service...

What concerns me slightly is you ask <<If not any other bus service etc to Bicester/Chesterton?>>. Therefore does this mean you actually need to be in Chesterton by 2.45? Chesterton is 3 miles out of Bicester, and buses in this rural part of Oxfordshire are VERY few and far between, so you'll need another taxi. Traffic can be congested in the Bicester area at all times of day, so you should assume the journey from the station to Chesterton can take between 10 mins and half an hour.

In short, I think your timescale is far too tight. If you had a car, you might be OK, but by train and taxi, no, I don't think it's doable, sorry.

Edited: 08 November 2013, 10:58
Dublin
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Birmingham Airport to Moor Station to reach Bicester

Thanks for all the advice, got app pushed out and depending on what time we clear the airport I will make it over to either Solihull or take the Banbury train and connect from there. Thanks again :)

6. Re: Birmingham Airport to Moor Station to reach Bicester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 05:15