We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Briar Rose Parking

London
Level Contributor
206 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
The Briar Rose Parking

Hi all,

My family and I (heavily pregnant wife and two year old) are staying at the Weatherspoons Briar Rose hotel near Victoria Sq, does anyone know or could recommend a car park near by which wont cost us the usual £20 per day parking fees???

Any local help would be great,

Many thanks

Jack

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Briar Rose Parking

If you are coming up for the German Xmas market then this hotel is very near to it (just yards away from the hotel). The Xmas market runs right up New Street, and this hotel is on a side road just off New Street.

So that does mean that parking is at a premium in that area at the moment, and this really is a "city centre" hotel.

The hotel web site says:

"Free on-street parking is available 7.30pm-7am. Alternatively, pay-and-display parking is available in several nearby car parks. Your nearest car park is on Livery Street"

I am not sure what Livery St car park it is talking about. Livery Street is a couple of hundred yards away (on foot), just alongside Snow Hill Station. There is a car park on top of Snow Hill train station so maybe they mean that.

If you are not sure what car park they are referring too, or you want more help on parking, suggest you contact the hotel.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Briar Rose Parking

Livery St car park is the one on top of Snow Hill Station.

advice given on previous posts applies here too - tripadvisor.co.uk/…53224433

London
Level Contributor
206 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Briar Rose Parking

Thank you that is very helpful, I am thinking the Bull Ring might be best suited if we fail to get on street parking, which I am guessing we might fail being center of town.

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Briar Rose Parking

The BullRing car park (and the roads round it) can get rammed and crowded with traffic when the Xmas market is on, particularly as we come up to Xmas, and particularly at the weekend.

The Livery St car park is slightly out of the city centre (though probably no further from your hotel than the BullRing car park), and will probably be quieter.

If you are coming at the weekend I would certainly suggest staying away from the BullRing car park (and the roads around it) and parking at another car park slightly (very slightly) out of the city centre.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Briar Rose Parking

Livery St is by far your best bet. Avoid the Bullring - traffic can be very difficult at Christmas. it's about the same distance as Bullring and a whole lot easier to get to your hotel from Livery St.

London
Level Contributor
206 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Briar Rose Parking

Thank you all.... Looking at the Map the Lively Car Park does look the best option, and at £10 for 24 hours I cant complaint with that either.

Thank you all this is very helpful.

Jack

London
Level Contributor
206 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Briar Rose Parking

I mean Livery and not lively... hahaha

8. Re: The Briar Rose Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Birmingham