We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips from Birmingham

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Launceston...
Level Contributor
111 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trips from Birmingham

Hi,

I'm currently in Birmingham for a little over a week and would love some ideas of day trips(possibly a nights stay) from Birmingham. I would prefer the trip to be as cheap as possible and there will be three people travelling including my 10 year old sister.

Thanks in advance!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,850 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trips from Birmingham

Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick & Castle, Oxford, Ironbridge Gorge, Black Country Living Museum, Worcester, Shrewsbury, Hereford, Manchester, Liverpool, London.

And I'm sure there are loads more.

Solihull
Level Contributor
3,926 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trips from Birmingham

Birmingham is in the "Heart of England" so it is surrounded by places to visit.

Wirewiper has given some, but there are loads more.

You can get some ideas on the Heart of England web site.

http://www.visitheartofengland.com/

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trips from Birmingham

What about Cadbury world or Coventry Transport museum if that's the kind of thing you are into or even consider train to Crewe and head somewhere like Llandudno in Wales.

Launceston...
Level Contributor
111 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trips from Birmingham

Thanks everyone, I know of some places to go, just wanted to hear some of your suggestions/ personal experiences. :) Thanks jdtaylor, we're doing Cadbury World on Saturday.

5. Re: Day Trips from Birmingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 06:20