We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curry

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
antwerpen
Level Contributor
26 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Curry

I am visiting Birmingham ins couple of weeks and would like a recommendation for a good authentic Indian restaurant.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curry

Al Frash (Balti Triangle) Diwan's (Moseley - David and Sam Cameron liked it) - both are BYO so very cheap and cheerful.

If you want more upmarket, Deolali or Piquant in Moseley.

food is great in all of them.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,786 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curry

Asha's Indian Resturant and Bar is very nice indeed. It's eyewateringly expensive for me to go with any regularity sadly- a bowl of chicken curry of some sort cost over £16 without any side dishes. That said, the set lunch menus looked like a good deal and I'd certainly return if I were there at lunchtime. The food is a little different from the usual offerings.

Edited: 28 March 2014, 12:55
Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Curry

Not sure where you are staying and also what type of Indian you want.... up market, standard/middle or budget street type balti? Asha is in central Birmingham and falls into the up market category along with the likes of Lasan and Itihaas. Our current favorites are Pushkar and Akbars. Both at upper end of middle range and authentic Indians.

birmingham
Level Contributor
12 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Curry

I have to say you are spoilt for choice but I have recently visited Sanskrits Contempory Resturant on Stratford Road . I would highly recommend a visit there if you read the reviews on trip advisor you will see for yourself how good it is and there is plenty of parking opposite so no worries about travelling by car. its the sort of place where you don't wont too rush as the atmosphere is lovely so you could make a night of it there.

antwerpen
Level Contributor
26 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Curry

Thanks a lot for your help!

antwerpen
Level Contributor
26 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Curry

Brum74 thanks for the tip! We finally made it to Birmingham last week, went to al frash and loved it!

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Curry

that's good to hear mrsmantwerp. I was there about a week ago too - still very good.

8. Re: Curry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2015, 07:16