We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long does it take to walk train station to coach station

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
How long does it take to walk train station to coach station

I have a train that gets into Birmingham new street just before 10am. I need to book a coach from the Birmingham coach station but not sure what time I should book, would 10:30 be enough time to walk there? Or should I be safe and book a coach at 11am? I don't know the directions well, is it signposted? Can I make it in less than 30 minutes? What do you think?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,049 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long does it take to walk train station to coach station

10 minutes. On google you can even walk it virtually

http://tinyurl.com/p9pkj9h

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long does it take to walk train station to coach station

10-15 minutes is more than enough time.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long does it take to walk train station to coach station

PS my previous reply assumes (rashly) that your train will arrive on time.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long does it take to walk train station to coach station

You should book at 11 because chances of train delays are high, and even finding the exit at the mess that is presently New St railway station may slow you down!

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long does it take to walk train station to coach station

> and even finding the exit at the mess that is presently New St railway station

Just to explain this is because of a huge multi million pound redevelopment of the station taking place.

The old "front" entrance is now blocked off so you need to come out the "back" entrance, into Stephenson St.

This may take you slightly longer to get to the coach station, maybe 20 minutes assuming you don't get lost.

So I would say go for the 11am coach.

Note the virtual Google walk in the first reply shows the walk from the FRONT of the station, which as I say is currently blocked off.

Edited: 02 April 2014, 11:11
6. Re: How long does it take to walk train station to coach station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 05:16