We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can i go to the city from the airport?

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jaen, Spain
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How can i go to the city from the airport?

Hello. I ama spanish student who will go to birminghan on July by plane. I have a question. How can i go to the city when i arrive to the airport? I will sleep at ibis budget. Better by train? bus?

sorry for my english.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How can i go to the city from the airport?

Train is quick, quite cheap and rather more punctual than the bus which often gets held up in traffic.

Jaen, Spain
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How can i go to the city from the airport?

how much is the train cost? where can i get the train?

thank you for reply

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can i go to the city from the airport?

At Birmingham airport follow the train signs.... its the same as in any International airport. You will eventually get to Birmingham International Train Station - its only a 5 to 10 minute walk.

It all depends which Ibis budget you are staying at as to what train you should get. It be be around £5.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
295 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can i go to the city from the airport?

Take the free shuttle from the airport terminal to the adjacent railway station (Birmingham International). The shuttle is a kind of elevated train that leaves every 30 seconds. Just follow the signs for the trains.

At the railway station, buy a ticket to Birmingham New Street. I think it costs around £3. Trains leave every few minutes. The journey takes around 15 mins.

Solihull
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How can i go to the city from the airport?

There is an IBIS budget in Birmingham city centre, and also an IBIS budget out by Birmingham airport. There are also other IBIS hotels around Birmingham as well.

Which IBIS are you staying in?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How can i go to the city from the airport?

900 bus to Birmingham City centre. Bout £2

7. Re: How can i go to the city from the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:15