We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Topic
Thomson

Flying with Thomson in few weeks, check in open 5.30 for a 7.30 flight. What time do you recommend getting there?

A friend just flew with Thomas Cook and said 600 people were waiting to check in for different flights at just two desks!

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson

I would get there when check-in opens but if you don't mind queuing get there half hour before. Also, not sure if you can check in online and just use the bag drop. This may save some time.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson

Yes we can check in online & use bag drop

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,333 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson

Yes I'd also aim to be there when check in opens, especially if you've not reserved seats.

You could also post on the air forum for further answers.

Edited: 27 May 2014, 18:35
Solihull
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson

I had an early morning flight from Birmingham airport last year and we got there pre 6am.

I expected the place to be dead but the airport was packed with people.

We checked in and went upstairs to Wetherspoons to have a breakfast and was surprised to see people drinking pints of lager and glasses of wine.

Are you staying at a nearby hotel the night before or driving there on the day or what?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson

Driving there on morning, we live approx 1.5 hours away.

Was thinking check in then breakfast.

6. Re: Thomson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 February 2016, 13:55
Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson

We have booked holiday with Blue Bay and are flying with Thomson in May. Does anyone know when you can reserve your seats on the flight? When I type in my Thomson reference number it is not being recognised.

Thanks in advance.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,333 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson

Keith. You need to post this on the air forum for the experts to answer.

It's listed under Beyond destination forums which you will see on the right hand side of this page.

There are always lots of Thomson flight questions on there.

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson

OK thank you Daisy.

10. Re: Thomson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2016, 05:16