We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Birmingham Airport

Paola, Malta
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Birmingham Airport

Hi, I'll be travelling in July with my husband and our two year old toddler arriving at Birmingham Airport at lunchtime. We need to get a taxi to take us to Oxford. Can anyone suggest a reliable taxi company please? It will be two adults, a two year old,1 large luggage, 3 hand lugguages and a folding stroller. Do you think it is wise to prebook or use one of the taxi stands at the airport? Thanks!

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Birmingham Airport

It is over 60 miles from Birmingham airport to Oxford and a taxi would be HUGELY expensive.

My suggestion would be to take the train.

Right next to Birmingham Airport is Birmingham International Train station. I believe you can get a train here direct to Oxford. They run about every hour and the journey takes about an hour.

The other option is coach and I would imagine there would be a coach to take you from Birmingham Airport to Oxford, though you may need to book in advance.

Try National Express coaches

http://www.nationalexpress.com/

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Birmingham Airport

That's one seriously expensive taxi ride - it's getting on for 70 miles. The (direct) train would be cheaper.

A prebooked taxi would certainly be cheaper than just getting one at the airport

Consider cutting down on the amount of luggage - I struggle to see how you will cope with getting that amount to/from the plane or taxi in the first place.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Birmingham Airport

it might not be as expensive as you think and with that much luggage and a toddler - the convenience of a waiting taxi, it might be worth paying a bit more. I have used http://www.airporttaxis-uk.co.uk and they were reliable and you can get online quote + prepay by credit card. If you want an easy trip (and by the sounds of it you need it) this might be the way the to do it.

Paola, Malta
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Birmingham Airport

thanks for the info. I have checked both the train option and the taxi option. The truth is there is only about 20-25 pounds difference between the two. Truth is we need to get to a village near Oxford and so the difference in costs would make it all worthwhile as the taxi would take us right to the door of our accommodation with luggage and all.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,823 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Birmingham Airport

Contact a taxi company near to where you want to be as they will be invariably cheaper and more likely to get you to your destination without hassle

6. Re: Taxi from Birmingham Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 10:05
7. Re: Taxi from Birmingham Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2016, 06:15