We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Day Trip suggestions

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
565 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Day Trip suggestions

I've got a course coming up in Birmingham and due to flight times will be arriving on a Sunday morning at about 8.30am. So that gives me a whole day to do something / go somewhere. I'm planning to hire a car for a day. Keen to get out of Birmingham city centre itself as I'll be there for a few days with the course so can wander around in the evenings. So where would you recommend I go / what would you recommend I see?

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Day Trip suggestions

Stratford Upon Avon and Warwick are both easily reached by car or train from Birmingham City Centre. You could easily spend a day at either place or see both in one day.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,972 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Day Trip suggestions

Kennilworth is also fab, both the castle and the village

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
565 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Day Trip suggestions

Perfect, thankyou!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
74 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Day Trip suggestions

There are so many places to visit! Client and the Licky Hills are nice for a walk. if you are a National Trust member there's Coughpen Court, Packwood House, baddesley Clinton and many more you can go even if you're not a member. Solihull has a nice shopping area if it rains! Hatton Country World has a nice tea room again if it rains. Garden Centres which are nice are Webbs and Nottcuts trying to think of wet weather as what others have suggested are so worth a visit if it's dry. The museum and art gallery and the new library are all worth a visit in the city centre.

Donna

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Day Trip suggestions

If you do go Stratford, which is fantastic this time of the year, the train is more economical than a rental car. A return journey is about a fiver from Moor Street station. And the train station in Stratford is walking distance from the main city centre.

On the other hand, if you do rent a car, you can explore the 5 Shakespeare "houses" at your leisure but beware, each carries a hefty price to get in.

I suggest you explore the costs of both options and weigh it against your flexibility.

6. Re: Sunday Day Trip suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:16