We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bars for a Saturday night in fancy dress

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
bars for a Saturday night in fancy dress

it's my best friend's hen do and we're going to be wearing fancy dress on the Saturday night, but we want a nice bar to go to before we go clubbing. We're not rowdy or going to be playing cheesy games, but i know a lot of places don't show fancy dress.

Help!

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,635 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bars for a Saturday night in fancy dress

There are quite a few bars at the back of the Mailbox which would be happy to have people in fancy dress.

You don't say where you are going clubbing (Broad St?) but the Mailbox is pretty central and only a 10 minute walk to Broad St.

Here is the Mailbox web site:

http://www.mailboxlife.com/

One of my relatives had everyone meet up at Bar Epernay at the back of the Mailbox. Good thing about this bar it has a large area outside so those in fancy dress can mingle outside.

Here is a photo of the back of the Mailbox and you can clearly see Bar Epernay.

…wordpress.com/2012/07/the-mailbox-birmingha…

Mentioned in this post
The Mailbox
The Mailbox
139 Reviews
Birmingham, UK
Bar Epernay
Bar Epernay
361 Reviews
Birmingham, UK
Solihull
Level Contributor
4,635 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bars for a Saturday night in fancy dress

Here is a photo I took of everyone at the Hen do at the back of Bar Epernay

…photobucket.com/albums/vv10/guilbert53/AC22…

Edited: 30 June 2014, 20:33
Mentioned in this post
Bar Epernay
Bar Epernay
361 Reviews
Birmingham, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bars for a Saturday night in fancy dress

Thank you - I thought The Mailbox was too posh for fancy dress but all the stuff I've seen on here about it suggests not!

Yeah we're just going to Gatecrasher so only a few mins to walk. Thanks for the photos too :) x

Mentioned in this post
The Mailbox
The Mailbox
139 Reviews
Birmingham, UK
4. Re: bars for a Saturday night in fancy dress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 05:17