We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

birmingham to worcester canal walk

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
birmingham to worcester canal walk

has anyone done this yet please who can recommend some accommodation on the way?

Dundalk
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: birmingham to worcester canal walk

I stayed in city centre, it's easy enough to get to. And many hotels around, I would book place when u get there

Or use google to find accommodation. I had a great time here and many places of food intrest also to endeavour. Hope you have a lovely time ahead.

Edited: 21 July 2014, 22:05
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: birmingham to worcester canal walk

Thanks for that,will do so

Solihull
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: birmingham to worcester canal walk

According to Wikipedia it is about 29 miles from Birmingham to Worcester via the canal, and of course downhill most of the way !.

How many days are you going to take over this walk, and where do you expect to stop on the way?

One web site says "Tardebigge makes a natural break in the journey, and is just a short walk from Bromsgrove" so maybe you can find a B&B in Bromsgrove if you plan to have a break there.

Do you already have somewhere to stay in Birmingham for the start, if not I can give you a few suggestions for hotels in Birmingham near Gas St basin where the canal starts.

Edited: 22 July 2014, 09:38
Midlands
Level Contributor
186 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: birmingham to worcester canal walk

I cycle it quite often, here are a few places near to the canal

Westmead Hotel @ Hopwood

Woodlands B&B @ Alvechurch

The Vernon @ Hanbury

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: birmingham to worcester canal walk

I don't know when you want to do the walk, but be aware part of the canal is currently closed for maintenance.

6. Re: birmingham to worcester canal walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 05:15