We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with easy access to centre shops

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with easy access to centre shops

We are looking for a hotel just outside of the city centre due to parking costs for 48 hours - is there anywhere anyone can recommend just outside that we can easily get the train into the centre? Thanks

Solihull
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with easy access to centre shops

I assume we are talking about Birmingham city centre here. What are you visiting the city for as this can affect whereabouts in the city you may want the hotel.

To be honest you may find the extra cost and inconvenience of getting the train into the city centre outweighs any cost of the parking in the city centre. With a city centre hotel you can pop back to drop off shopping, or to get changed before going out for the evening, or pop back for an afternoon nap. This is all hard to do with a hotel out of the city centre.

Note many city centre hotels have money off deals with local car parks.

Also Birmingham city centre is not that big and you only have to go a VERY short distance from the centre of the city to find hotels with car parks.

What type of hotel are you looking for? There are a few budget hotel with on site parking.

The "Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Canal Side)l" hotel is pretty much in the city centre and has on site parking (not sure if you have to pay for it though)

premierinn.com/en/hotel/BIRWHA/birmingham-br…

The "Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place)" also seems to have on site parking (according to Google Maps) but better check with the hotel.

premierinn.com/en/hotel/BIRPTI/birmingham-br…

The "Ibis Budget Birmingham Centre" also has on site parking.

…ibis.com/gb/…index.shtml

I will have a look round a see if I can find others.

Solihull
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with easy access to centre shops

The "Copthorne Hotel" says it has some on site parking (but maybe not a lot)

millenniumhotels.co.uk/copthornebirmingham/

The "Travelodge Birmingham Central Newhall Street" has a deal with a local car park at a cost of £5.50 per 24hours which is pretty good.

travelodge.co.uk/hotels/379/Birmingham-Centr…

The "City Nites Serviced Apartments Birmingham" charge £10 a night for parking but unlike a hotel you get a complete "flat2 with kitchen, washing machine, dining area etc which has got to be better than a hotel.

http://www.city-nites.com/

There are loads and loads of other hotels in and around the city centre so if you can give me an idea of price (budget, mid range, top quality) and what you are visiting I will try to find other hotels.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with easy access to centre shops

it will be for xmas markets and shopping and Im not a big fan of driving around citys at xmas time so sometimes the train is a little easier if its only a couple of stops LOL

Solihull
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with easy access to centre shops

One option is to stay out by the National Exhibition Centre (NEC).

The NEC is about 5 miles East of the city centre, but right next to Birmingham international Train station.

You can get regular trains from Birmingham International train station to New Street station in the centre of the city. It is only a 5 or 10 minute journey.

There are a dozen or more hotels in the NEC area, as it is near the NEC, Birmingham airport, LG arena etc.

It is also very near the M42 motorway for easy access to the M42, M6 and other motorways.

I gave a list of most of the hotels at the NEC in a question I answered earlier this year

See here

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186402-i386-k73…

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,079 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with easy access to centre shops

If your starting point is Milton Keynes and you're not a big fan of driving in City centres (as I am not also), why take the car at all?

6. Re: Hotel with easy access to centre shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 05:15