We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canoli - I think that's how you spell it

England
Level Contributor
285 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Canoli - I think that's how you spell it

Hi. Please can anyone help. I am desperately trying to find SOMEWHERE in England (Brum is closest major town to where I am) that sells Canoli (may be spelt cannoli, cannolo). It is a most gorgeous Italian cake (more specifically Sicilian but I have had them in Sorrento). Many thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canoli - I think that's how you spell it

canada705: Are you looking for cannoli like in this link?

…about.com/library/weekly/aa020701.htm

I would think most Italian restaurants have it on their menu.

england
Level Contributor
40 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canoli - I think that's how you spell it

I don't think you can find canolo in the Italian restaurant in England. They have to be made by fresh ricotta cheese specially made in Sicily. Like you, I also like canolo. Sometimes, I ask my local Italian restaurant to bring me some from Sicily when he goes there. -Dhea-

Mentioned in this post
Sicily
Sicily
Italy
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canoli - I think that's how you spell it

Strange as it may seem, it is really difficult to find cannoli in the UK. I've hardly ever seen it on the menu in Italian restuarants here, maybe because it's Sicilian rather than Italian? You could try an Italian deli. If anyone does know of a source I'd love to hear about it. They are very naughty, but nice!

England
Level Contributor
285 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canoli - I think that's how you spell it

Dhea, is the restaurant you refer to anywhere near the midlands. For anyone who would like to know, I recently found some of these gorgeous cakes in a lovely little cafe/patisserie on Nightingale Lane, Clapham South. I am also told that there is a plce in Bath and I read somewhere that the Radisson in Birmingham actually does them as well!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,282 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Canoli - I think that's how you spell it

All the Italian bakeries around where I live sell cannoli. Sometimes filled with cream or custard instead of cheese.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
660 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canoli - I think that's how you spell it

I've never even heard of this canoli...

7. Re: Canoli - I think that's how you spell it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 22:18