We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'I Can Park and Ride' Birmingham Airport

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
'I Can Park and Ride' Birmingham Airport

I am writing this review a week after complaining to the company and not having had a reply.

As the complaint was about the (lack of) service provided by the company on Saturday 14 August.

We called at 10.42pm to say we had landed and were told by the reception that due to the fact they were so busy we had to expect a bus in around 20 minutes at bus stop A. Although the paperwork/contract we had states that buses run every 10-15 minutes 24 hours a day I appreciated there were "pinch" times and accepted this minor delay.

When no bus had arrived I called again at 11.10pm to see what was happening I was told one bus was on the way. When it arrived there was only enough space for a family of eight who had told me that they had already been waiting for over one hour. We asked the driver when the next bus was coming and he said there was another only a couple of minutes behind.

I waited until 11.19 then called again, pointing out that we had already been waiting longer to be picked up than it had taken my wife and I to fly from Dublin. The receptionist then said one should be arriving even as we were speaking at which it did arrive in the car park.

When we got back to the car park I complained about the service and asked what the complaints procedure was. Another gentleman told me it was him and I should email him which I did (through the bookings email as I could not find a complaints email despite this being written in their t&c's).

Whilst I accept that problems arise (taxi drivers not turning up etc) that is not my problem, it was theirs. They had entered in to a contract with me to provide a service and failed to do so. I had paid money based on the criteria advertised but did not get a service equivalent to that. There were four other sets of customers that were left displeased by the service all waiting at the bus stop together.

I have deliberately not expressed my displeasure on any trip adviser (or similar) web pages until now as I believe that people need to be given a chance to respond first in order to ensure myself and other customers are not put through this type of situation again. I am still awaiting a response.

By way of being constructive can I suggest that cars be made easily accessible to returning customers and in a sufficiently lighted area so it is easy to check for damage before driving off (again as stated in t&c's). When I enquired as to where my car was I was told to press my key fob and the lights would come on! In my opinion this was not the best piece of customer care I have ever had.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
41 replies to this topic
Bridgnorth, United...
Level Contributor
4,601 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'I Can Park and Ride' Birmingham Airport

Which company did you use?----if it's airparks I'm not surprised.

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'I Can Park and Ride' Birmingham Airport

In the title poster says it is "I can park and ride Birmingham"

Link here

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
shropshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 'I Can Park and Ride' Birmingham Airport

I completely concur with these comments. We have just had the most horrendous experience using 'I Can Park & Ride Birmingham airport'. We telephoned after collecting our luggage at 2.25am this morning for the pick-up and we're told a driver would be at bus stop A to collect us in 20 minutes. By 3am after waiting in the cold for 35 minutes with 2 children I telephoned to see what was happening, to be told that a minibus was on it's way but it wouldn't have room for the 4 of us! When I expressed my dissatisfaction at making my children stand in the cold for 35 minutes already with no hope of even getting on the next bus, they suggested I put the children on the next bus and they could wait for us back at the car park!!! Unbelievable. At 3.12am, almost 50 minutes after my initial call a minibus arrived and we got on, but were made to feel awkward as others (who arrived after us) were left waiting as we could not all fit in. All in all this is just not what you need when arriving back in the UK after flying through the night. I certainly won't be recommending 'I Can Park & Ride Birmingham Airport' to anyone, especially people with children.

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 'I Can Park and Ride' Birmingham Airport

I'm not pleased with these either. Returned to find 50+ miles added to my car and it smelt of cigarettes!. I really don't see why you have to leave your keys if I'd have known that I wouldn't have booked them. I booked through skyparks though so was also confused when it was I can park and ride. Did you book with skyparks or direct?

Kenilworth
Level Contributor
391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 'I Can Park and Ride' Birmingham Airport

I think the problems with this park and ride site may be because it is a long way from the airport - 9.4 miles and 22 minutes minimum drive according to Google. The area where it is can get very congested with traffic in peak hours so I'm not surprised that delays can occur.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 'I Can Park and Ride' Birmingham Airport

My family & myself have actually been waiting for these people to pick us up for an hr & half & was told we will have to wait another 40 mins as only one minibus on. We have 3 tired children under 5 & it's 4am...discusting...Will never use these again & will spread the word

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 'I Can Park and Ride' Birmingham Airport

It was 2am not 4am as stated on my review but doesn't change the fact we still waited over 2hrs 😈

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 'I Can Park and Ride' Birmingham Airport

Hi we had very similar experience to to other people, shocking service, the driver was rude even in his pigeon English, we eventually arrived at the car park area only to find they couldn't find my car, I went looking for my car and eventually found it parked on a horrible demolition area were there were broken bricks, concrete and god knows what else...

I will never ever use this shabby operation again.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 'I Can Park and Ride' Birmingham Airport

That's unbelievable! I've booked this parking through Ryanair when I booked my flight tickets. Yes I did have to leave my car keys there as well. After arriving I found out that the fuel tank lid was OPEN!!! It could not be done by mistake as you have to open from inside of the car. They Siphon few liters of diesel from my car!!!

The car was also moved to different place...Never again. I would have never booked this company but I had no idea. I would have thought that it's reliable company as it was booked through Ryanair.

Kent, United Kingdom
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: 'I Can Park and Ride' Birmingham Airport

Did you made a complain, their is a complaints procedure follow it, I ve made a compliant about the mileage they came with all CCTV footage's where my car was been moved and where it was been parked, it was my bad.

Reply to: 'I Can Park and Ride' Birmingham Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted