We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

east midlands airport

glasgow
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
east midlands airport

could anyone tell me if there is a boots at this airport?

also what would be the easiest way to get to this airport by rail from glasgow?

thanks

Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: east midlands airport

could anyone tell me if there is a boots at this airport?

Yes there is....after security

eastmidlandsairport.com/emaweb.nsf/…Shopping

Looks like train to Derby and then airport bus (6hrs 15mns)

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: east midlands airport

East Midlands Airprt is not in Coventry, nor even close. It's actually in Leicestershire although it has a Derby post code. It has it's own station, East Mkidlands Parkway, from where a shuttle bus operates to the airport.

It's not unreasonable to get to Derby, Nottingham or Loughborough and take a bus to the airport, normally 30 minute service throughout the day.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: east midlands airport

I travel Edinburgh - Nottingham from time to time and usually use the train. A good option that may not be obvious is to travel as far as Newark on east coast and then get a pre-booked cab. Especially if two or more are travelling, the cost of the cab isn't prohibitive - about £35 into Nottingham - and it's a lot quicker and more flexible than other rail routes. A cab from Newark to the airport will surely cost a little more than that, but it's still worth investigating.

The problem with travelling by rail is that most routes involve several changes to get to any of the stations aardvark mentions near EMA, although any of those are entirely suitable for the final hop to the airport.

And of course bmibaby fly from Glasgow to EMA.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: east midlands airport

<<It has it's own station, East Mkidlands Parkway, from where a shuttle bus operates to the airport.>>

Unfortunately that shuttle bus has been discontinued and it's now taxi only

glasgow
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: east midlands airport

thanks for all your replies - wasn´t expecting any answers at all LOL

also... i posted in this forum as it is where trip advisor directed me aardvack!

:-)

glasgow
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: east midlands airport

john, there are two adults travelling with two infants (although one counts as a child for airfare purposes) and two bigger kids - 8 and 10

not sure they would appreciate going through airport security twice or how expensive it would be for us all to fly down - but i am now going to look at it since you made the suggestion LOL

the only reason we are flying from EMA is that there is a direct flight - we couldn´t get one from scotland - to where we are going. and that it is also the cheapest option

we are going for lots of money saving on this trip haha. it is a budget affair - we saved tokens from the sun newspaper to go camping in italy hehe

glasgow
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: east midlands airport

just looked and there are no flights on saturdays from glasgow to east midlands - so that is that idea dismissed! thanks anyway john

that information will certainly come in handy in the future.

i had actually thought that they were pulling out of glasgow completely!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: east midlands airport

You could travel by train direct to Leicester and then by Skylink bus to EMA.

Attaching the Skylink link as there are other destination options with them which may, or maybe not, have cheaper rail options.

eastmidlandsairport.com/emaweb.nsf/Content/S…

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: east midlands airport

No, don't do that - Leicester is too far south and the Skylink bus does not pick up at the rail station. As has been previously stated, your best bet is to take a train to Nottingham or Derby as the skylink buses serve statiions

glasgow
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: east midlands airport

we are going to nottingham - thanks for your help everybody!