We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coventry or Birmingham for NEC Expo?

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Coventry or Birmingham for NEC Expo?

My husband is attending an expo at NEC and I will be traveling with him but won't be going to the expo every day and would like to be in a hotel and area where I will be safe walking and sightseeing on my own. He needs to be close to the train to get to the NEC each day and we would like to be near good restaurants in the evenings. Does anyone have an opinion on if we should stay in Birmingham or Coventry and even more specific, a particular area or hotel suggestion? Thanks for any advice. We are not familiar with the area.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,896 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coventry or Birmingham for NEC Expo?

I would opt for Birmingham if only for the fact that it is much bigger than Coventry and will have a great deal more to offer. Birmingham is England's second biggest city.

It is however a good many years since I had to be there, so I will leave others to recommend places.

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,281 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coventry or Birmingham for NEC Expo?

I would say Birmingham.

The main station in the centre of Birmingham is called New St station.

And this is only one stop from Birmingham International Train station, which is right next to the NEC.

There are loads of hotels in and around the centre of Birmingham (at all prices)

There are also plenty of restaurants in the centre of Birmingham as well.

Large safe city for you to walk round during the day.

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,281 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coventry or Birmingham for NEC Expo?

This was also asked in the Birmingham forum.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coventry or Birmingham for NEC Expo?

Thank you so much for your replies to my post. It is greatly appreciated!

5. Re: Coventry or Birmingham for NEC Expo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 01:15