We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goodwood Revival

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Goodwood Revival

We are attending the Goodwood Revival in September 2010 and there will be 4 men and 1 woman, me. My husband, 2 sons and friend have been told they have to dress up on the Saturday, as do I, but as we're travelling from Australia, I don't want to take extra clothing. Could we get away with wearing mechanic's overalls along with cravats and hats? Any advice would be appreciated.

Coldoll

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goodwood Revival

Dressing up is optional, I've been to the revival twice and never dressed up.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goodwood Revival

Many thanks for your reply. I would like to ask you what the weather is normally like at that time? I have heard that it's wise to take a raincoat, brollie, just in case. My guys will be pleased that they don't have to dress up, as am I.

Coldoll

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goodwood Revival

The last time I went was 3 years ago, the day was sunny but only about 10 degrees C as there was a chilly wind (had been sunny and 20 C the day before), unfortunately UK weather is very changeable (that's why we're always moaning about it), so waterproof protection is also a must. I would estimate that around half the people were dressed up in one way or another.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goodwood Revival

Thanks again. I will heed your advice.

5. Re: Goodwood Revival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2010, 06:33