We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubs/Restaurants Goodwood weekend

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Pubs/Restaurants Goodwood weekend

Hi

We are going to be in the area for the Goodwood Festival of Speed, 1st - 4th July.

Can anyone recommend some nice eating places in the area - pubs,Indian/Chinese restaurants etc.

We will be with two 18 yr lads, so don't really want 'haute cuisine'. Just nice food and a pleasant environment.

We will be staying in Barnham.

Many Thanks

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pubs/Restaurants Goodwood weekend

Hi

I'm afraid I can't recommend pubs etc, but I noticed your previous post about wanting hints and tips to enjoy the goodwood FOS weekend. I've been about four times now and love it.

As you have a weekend ticket, you should be fine. It is a huge site and it is really difficult to see everything over the 3 days, let alone 1.

The first thing to do is to get there early - there will be quite a bit of traffic and there is a bit of a walk from the car park. I normally aim to get there around 8.30. The friday is the quietest day and a good day to get your bearings and have a good look around the various paddocks. Make sure you pace yourself! - There is so much to see and do that it is very tempting to race around like a mad thing.

If you want to go up to the rally stage, set aside a morning or an afternoon for that (morning is quieter). There is a tractor thing to take you up there (very bumpy but worth it as it is a long way up hill).

The F1 paddock gets very busy on the sunday and is also very noisy (but fab to bee so close up). The Catier Style et Luxe is a good place to sit and people/celeb watch (the celebs score the cars so are around there quite a lot). The large green over the bridge from the house is the best bit to watch the air displays.

I hope this helps and you have a fab time. Teresa

Devon
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pubs/Restaurants Goodwood weekend

El Castizo, no contest!

3. Re: Pubs/Restaurants Goodwood weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 05:16