We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Railway Museum - York

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
739 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
National Railway Museum - York

just an idea , but would it be possible some time in my week on the Leeds/Liverpool canal to spend a half day at the musem. The logistics may be difficult i accept but i will never know if i dont ask . We are hiring from Canal boat escapes, in Barnoldswick, so naturally the half day trip would begin somewhere East say, Keighley. Then i need transport - train / bus, are any available ? Or is this just too difficult to contemplate ? ( i am staying near Swindon towards the end of my Hols so its a second choice , but i gather for railway buffs , York is the pinnacle . )

Many thanks

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: National Railway Museum - York

It's a very easy train trip with a change in Leeds. An hour or a little over each way (from Keighley). £17.50 off peak day return. Buy on the day - no need to book. They run every half hour at least

Edited: 06 July 2013, 09:06
2. Re: National Railway Museum - York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2017, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about West Yorkshire