We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much does it cost to enter the Bronte museum?

Which Haworth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chesterfield, MO
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How much does it cost to enter the Bronte museum?

My husband and I are going to visit the Bronte museum and would like to know how much the entrance fee is per person as well as where the nearest parking is located and how much does it cost to park?

Essex
Level Contributor
26,726 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much does it cost to enter the Bronte museum?

www.bronte.org.uk/index.php…

Essex
Level Contributor
26,726 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much does it cost to enter the Bronte museum?

Parking in Haworth is a bit 'difficult' as you have to be careful which car park you use. BE SURE to use one of the municipal car parks, and not the NOTORIOUS privately owned car park that will 'do you' with heavy fines for being even 1mm out of line and 1 second overdue....This is the Changegate Car Park and is opposite the Edinburgh Woollen Mill shop/Bronte Weaving Shed. It does warn you of this on the site I have posted above.

MY advice is to go up there from Keighley on the Steam Railway, a very nice and scenic trip that really 'sets the scene'.

http://www.kwvr.co.uk/

Chesterfield, MO
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much does it cost to enter the Bronte museum?

My husband and I are planning to visit in September and are looking for an economical place to stay in Haworth. Can you suggest a B&B or hotel in Haworth? And a good and economial place to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Thanks for the heads up on the car park location, do you have names of the other car park locations you mentioned and pricing?

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much does it cost to enter the Bronte museum?

Prices are here - follow the signs, the main long stay car park is accessed off Sun Street at the bottom end of the main street - not sure where the access to the museum car park is. Definitely avoid the car park mentioned earlier

bradford.gov.uk/bmdc/…car_parks_haworth.htm

Essex
Level Contributor
26,726 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much does it cost to enter the Bronte museum?

Sorry, when I visited the Bronte Parsonage, I was staying with a friend in Otley. We drove to Keighley and went up to Haworth on the train. Hence my recommendation.

So I can't give any info on B & B or other accommodation.

However, I will remark that if you are planning to stay in a B & B, why would you then want breakfast elsewhere - you get that at your accommodation!!

Here are some local tourist office websites. Any accommodation that has a 'star' rating has been inspected properly and graded to a specific standard by 'Visit England' so you know what you are getting. Lots of B & B's are listed on TA now too, so look at the Reviews:

http://www.visitbradford.com/Bronte_Country/

haworth-village.org.uk/visitors/visitors.asp

http://www.bronte-country.com/

The other car parks are named and lots of info given about them on the Bronte museum website, which is also another good resource anyway for visiting Haworth.

Now I think it is time for you to do some work for yourself, eh??

6. Re: How much does it cost to enter the Bronte museum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2013, 10:18