We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places for a good lunch

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Places for a good lunch

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice for lunch in Leeds?

We want somewhere that does fresh homecooked food at a decent price.

We will in jeans and trainers, so also needs to be somewhere that you dont have to dress up for!

Thanks for your help.

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
475 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Places for a good lunch

The pubs i am thinking of are North of the city and a bit of a trek if ya coming in from chester and to be honest i think eating at them and then going shopping would be a no go due to the fact you will be mega stuffed ... but i have asked my other half for you about the places mentioned and all are very good but the winning vote is the Adelpi

so winning vote from our corner is The Adelphi its 1 second from the city centre just near the River Aire and if i am right you can get some cheap parking right next to the pub

Enjoy Leeds its Fab XX

when are you thinking of going and what time cause leeds are at home this saturday

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Places for a good lunch

Thanks for the help Michelle. We will be going midweek, we never have weekends off so will avoid all the football traffic and crowds etc.

I find its better to shop during the week anyway because Im not a crowd person, and I hate the sales rush too! I cant think of anything worse that having to fight someone to get to the rails!

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
475 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Places for a good lunch

no probs at all ENJOY

give us a shout if ya want any other advice x

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Places for a good lunch

Kez: Would be interested to hear your comments if you decide to eat at the Adelphi. We have only eaten there once but were very happy that we had.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Places for a good lunch

I will definately report back after going to Leeds. We were hoping to go this week but it hasnt worked out and Im in Scotland next week so perhaps the week after we will finally make it to Leeds!

I hate working in hotels, its impossible to do anything!

UK
Level Contributor
183 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Places for a good lunch

hello all, just wanted to say that I eat and drink in the Adelphi regularly since I work near there, and its great. Food is excellent and really reasonably priced. I really like the sharing tapas option too when you're out in a a group.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Places for a good lunch

I can't understand why people rave about the Reliance bar so much.

Only been once after somebody recommended it.Went for sunday brunch.The portions were dire,I'd have eaten the tablecloth if they had any!.

It always seems busy,but you know when you have a bad experience,it puts you off.I won't be rushing back.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
529 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Places for a good lunch

>> I can't understand why people rave about the Reliance bar so much.

Only been once after somebody recommended it.Went for sunday brunch.The portions were dire,I'd have eaten the tablecloth if they had any!.

It always seems busy,but you know when you have a bad experience,it puts you off.I won't be rushing back. <<

Each to their own I guess lbalad. I like the Reliance for the laidback atmosphere, decent beers and decent food. Its not world class, but I know what I'm going to get - simple, locally-sourced, well cooked, British-inspired cooking presented in a relaxing atmosphere. I also like informality of it all, including the lack of table cloths!

Alongside The Adelphi and Arts Cafe, it completes a great little triptych of informal eateries in and around town, where I can go and know that I'm going to get some well made scran at a reasonable price, and not microwaveable plastic food.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Places for a good lunch

I would be interested in the places you recommend out of city centre, Michelle.

Thanks very much

20. Re: Places for a good lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 08:21
Get answers to your questions about Leeds
Recent Conversations