We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clean and not pricy hotel close to main railway

Which Leeds hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
clean and not pricy hotel close to main railway

Hi,

I'm looking for a clean and not pricy hotel or gusthouse close to main railway.

I have to take the bus for the airport in early morning

Many thanks

leeds
Level Contributor
250 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clean and not pricy hotel close to main railway

Hi, Theres a comfort inn and a travellodge just outside the station on bishopgate street. Next to a good ale house called the scarborough taps.

Note that it is a 10-15 min walk from the train station tothe bus station. I think the airport bus leaves from the main bus station

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clean and not pricy hotel close to main railway

I think the bus for the airport also goes from the train station.. here is a link.

www.leeds-airport-guide.co.uk/transport

It will say page not found but then click on to transport and it'll bring up the relevent information about the buses to the airport.

Edited: 21 November 2010, 19:21
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,246 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clean and not pricy hotel close to main railway

Correct, the airport bus (#757) does stop just in front of the main entrance of the train station, which is at most a 5 minute walk from either of the aforementioned hotels.

Fare from the station to the airport on the bus is £2.50, which runs at 30 minute intervals. Journey time is approx 40 minutes.

Level Contributor
1,149 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: clean and not pricy hotel close to main railway

Thank you alll,

My issue is to find an hotel clean but, if possible, for a good price (+ o - £ 50 )

leeds
Level Contributor
250 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: clean and not pricy hotel close to main railway

The discovery inn, bishopgate street matches your criteria. More modern, but about 1/2 mile away is the ibis hotel. both abt £40 pn.

Ps. As you need an early start give the etap a miss. It's cheap but is also a bit of a party hotel, stag , hen groups etc. Not much chance of a good nights sleep

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
295 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: clean and not pricy hotel close to main railway

There is also a Travelodge at Leeds airport, within walking distance of the terminal building.

Level Contributor
1,149 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: clean and not pricy hotel close to main railway

many thanks.

I have already considered the discovery inn, but is absolutely considered bad by tripadvisor feedbacks and I really wish a clean place.

As for Ibis, I have to take taxi? because if yes, is better a more expensive hotel, close to the railway, as the Roomzzz.

I don't remember if the bus going to the airport makes some stop, if yes I could look for an hotel in the same street or close to the bus stop....

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,246 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: clean and not pricy hotel close to main railway

The airport bus does stop at all stops between the city and the airport; usual setup whereas you ring the bell to get off & stick your arm out to stop the bus - as I mentioned earlier it is service number 757. ;-)

Along the route, there is also a couple more hotels which might be of interest; there is the PremierInn (known as city West on their website) located on Kirkstall Road. There is also a TGI Friday restaurant connected to this hotel.

Just over the road from the PremierInn there is the Ibis hotel. Both of these hotels are only a 10 minute walk back into the city.

As for an earlier suggestion - the Etap, this is located not too far out of the city too, approx a 10 minute walk back to the train station. It is also less than 5 mins from the bus station where you can catch the airport bus.

Edited: 22 November 2010, 15:07
leeds
Level Contributor
250 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: clean and not pricy hotel close to main railway

Also, If you can stretch your budget the park plaza just opposite the station starrts from £53 depending when you are going. The cosmopolitan also comes in at under £50

Level Contributor
1,149 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: clean and not pricy hotel close to main railway

Many thanks to all,

I'll check your suggested hotels