We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the yorkshire premier lounge at leeds/bradford airport

north wales
Level Contributor
144 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
the yorkshire premier lounge at leeds/bradford airport

has anyone tried this lounge? what sort of food and drinks are available? any info would be appreciated - is it a good idea when travelling with teenagers?thank you

53 replies to this topic
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the yorkshire premier lounge at leeds/bradford airport

Hi Evertonians!! I have not used this airport lounge but have others at Manchester and Heathrow, but we have always enjoyed them as a treat before you fly!! If you have an early flight, you may not get full value on the alcohol so bare this in mind! LOL. Not sure about teenagers, but being in the Lounge does keep them away from the shops and all the drinks/snacks are included! Go on, treat yourselves!!

Jerry...

Edited: 17 May 2011, 12:48
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,914 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the yorkshire premier lounge at leeds/bradford airport

I've not been in the Premier Lounge yet either - although I'll probably book it for my next trip as the departures area can be quite busy if there are a few flights departing around the same time. Book early and you can save a little too, I think the family special (2 adults & 2 children) is £45.

The children's area is separate to the main lounge too, where there are games consoles.

north wales
Level Contributor
144 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the yorkshire premier lounge at leeds/bradford airport

Hi, thanks Jeryy2007 and sunmagic! yes, i think we will treat ourselves - thanks for your replies - it all adds to the enjoyment!

cleethorpes, n.e...
Level Contributor
10 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the yorkshire premier lounge at leeds/bradford airport

we are also thinking of giving this a try on our next trip, but wondered what sort of snacks do they provide as we always like to eat prior to boarding as meals on board are not great.

Edited: 06 August 2011, 12:03
north wales
Level Contributor
144 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the yorkshire premier lounge at leeds/bradford airport

Hi Val-7,

we did try this before our last trip - it was excellent, we were so glad we booked it - when we arrived at the airport it was heaving!!!,people were trying to pay to get into the lounge but it was full, so we were glad we had booked!it cost £45 for 2 adults and 2 sixteen year old children!although full, it still seemed spacious.

All kinds of spirits, beers, wines, mixers, soft drinks, tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc.The snacks consisted of cheese and biscuits, crisps and other nibbles, scones, biscuits, toast with spreads, bowls of fruit etc - hope this helps - we loved it. computers were available, plus newspapers and magazines - time flew by, helped by the g+t's!!!!!!!!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the yorkshire premier lounge at leeds/bradford airport

I tried the Premier Lounge last year (October 2010) and thought the wine choice was disgusting. They used the cheapest wines ever (Echo Falls) and hence would never be back. Used Newcastle's premier lounge and Manchester and have had lovely wines. The snacks here were also very minimal.

manchester
Level Contributor
235 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the yorkshire premier lounge at leeds/bradford airport

Hi

I contacted the Prem Lounge prior to a flight from LBA in july as I know the airport can get really busy and you can sometimes be fighting for a seat (other times its dead so i suppose it depends when you fly). Like you we usually like something to eat before we fly rather than buy a meal or snack on the plane.

But when I contacted them I was advised that the snacks were cakes, biscuits, crisps and crackers etc and did not include any sandwiches or meal type snacks. This is a shame as I know they offer sandwiches and salad / pasta tubs at one of the manchester ones as my parents flew out of it last year and were really impressed. ( I think its the escape lounge).

The choice of food / drink in LBA is really limited anyway so I would suggest you maybe take your own and just get the drinks in the airport.

sheffield
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the yorkshire premier lounge at leeds/bradford airport

Hi all I went in the premier lounge at leeds last june, it was good a very calm atmosphere, comfy seats, the food on offer was toast, scones, cakes, biscuits, crisps, there was no other hot food which I thought there might of been, but have heard it say it varies day to day what is on, there was also cereals. fruit juices plenty of tea and coffee and help yourself bar, I think it was well worth the money and just after we had got in people were coming in commenting how very busy it had got downstairs in the main bar area, so for peace and relaxation I recommend it

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the yorkshire premier lounge at leeds/bradford airport

Would definately recommend booking this

Leeds bradford is a small but busy airport. Get caught when there is a school exchange visit scheduled and you can guarantee long queues and expensive food and drink. Well worth the price we would have spent far more outside of the lounge and much more stress too!

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
250 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: the yorkshire premier lounge at leeds/bradford airport

The Yorkshire lounge is being extended and should be complete next month. I contacted the airport to find out the official date, but they could only say the end of May 12.

We have used this before and hope to book it for our trip at the end of next month.

Reply to: the yorkshire premier lounge at leeds/bradford airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted