We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special restaurant for a special birthday meal

Which Leeds hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
Level Contributor
115 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Special restaurant for a special birthday meal

Hi All

I wonder if anybody can please recommend a really nice restaurant for my boyfriend's 50th birthday next month.

I'd like to book somewhere romantic where the tables aren't piled on top of each other, somewhere with nice (dimmed) lighting with excellent service and even better food where we can take our time.

We live in Leeds and have tried Kendall's Bistro (excellent), Mal Maison (the same), and then some of the busier establishments such as the Restaurant Bar & Grill. We'd like to try somewhere totally different and I wondered if anybody had had any really good experiences recently which fit the bill. Not adverse to travelling out of the City Centre, but central would be more convenient. I can spend up to £150 for a really nice meal for two with drinks.

Many thanks.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special restaurant for a special birthday meal

Hi

I eat out in Leeds a lot as I work in the city. Our current favourite place is The Foundry. The food is great and the service very good - we keep going back. I'm sure if you told them it was a special occasion they would find you a nice, quiet table!

www.thefoundrywinebar.co.uk

Beforehand you could perhaps go to the SkyLounge for a drink - not cheap but incredible views, good cocktails etc and I'm reliably informed by my kids that it's 'cool'

www.minthotel.com/our-hotels/leeds/skylounge

2. Re: Special restaurant for a special birthday meal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 10:23