We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leeds hotels and restaurants....

Which Leeds hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Man
Level Contributor
200 posts
218 reviews
Save Topic
Leeds hotels and restaurants....

Hi, me and my best mate are heading to Leeds in December for a bit of Christmas shopping. Can anybody advise whether The Queens Hotel and the Park Plaza hotel are in a convenient location for the shopping area? We'll be travelling by train so ideally want a hotel that's convenient for the station as well as the shops and somewhere nice to eat out at night. If anybody has any recommendation on hotels and/or eating places, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leeds hotels and restaurants....

The Queens Hotel and the Park Plaza are, as you'll probably know, right by the railway station. They're both no more then 90 seconds walk from British Home Stores and Albion Street, which is, pretty much, the south-west of the shopping area of Leeds. Ideally suited.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leeds hotels and restaurants....

Hi,

Both hotels are convenient for the railway station, being on opposite sides of city square.The Queens is more your traditional style hotel,while the Park Plaza is more modern.I have a soft spot for the Queens as I worked there for a few fab years.

You are minutes away from the shopping areas,and loads of bars and restaurants to choose from which ever of the two hotels you decide on.

Have a great time!.

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
200 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leeds hotels and restaurants....

Thanks for your advice - glad I've booked the right area (we're staying in the Queens). Really looking forward to it :)

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leeds hotels and restaurants....

Don't miss the Victoria Quarter for wonderful shops and a great atmosphere.

http://www.v-q.co.uk/

Harvey Nichols is in this area and has a nice restaurant on the 4th floor, an ideal place for lunch. On the 4th floor, just outside the restaurant is their foodmarket, which has brilliant ideas for food gifts. There's also a Yo Sushi on the same floor.

There's also a much more informal Harvey Nicks cafe and snack bar just outside the store, in the (covered) arcade.

harveynichols.com/restaurants/fourth-floor-l…

We also like the Sky Lounge at the Mint Hotel for cocktails etc

www.minthotel.com/our-hotels/leeds/skylounge

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
200 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leeds hotels and restaurants....

Thanks Morgana, appreciate your advice and very much looking forward to my trip x

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
200 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leeds hotels and restaurants....

Had a great time in Leeds, the Queens Hotel was lovely and perfectly situated for shopping, and we had a great night at Bibi's restaurant. Thanks to everybody for advice :)

7. Re: Leeds hotels and restaurants....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 10:19