We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 month stay in leeds

Porto, Portugal
2 posts
Save Topic
3 month stay in leeds

I'll be spending 3 months studying with my girlfriend for an Erasmus exchange program but we're striving with some difficulties in finding a place to rent for only 3 months. We already contacted Leeds Met Univ., Gumtree, Findaproperty.com, Flats in Leeds, etc. and the answer is the same: people just don't do contracts for least than 6 months.

If you have any info you can share, I would be most grateful.

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 month stay in leeds

A couple of years ago, a French friend's daughter came to Leeds on an Erasmus programme for three months and she was allocated a place in a shared flat by Leeds Met. May be an idea to go back to them for help?

Be careful about finding a place with a private Landlord, as in all big Cities, Leeds has it's share of rip off merchants.As a general guide you need to look in the Central/Headingley areas to be near the Met. Good Luck, if you find a place, I'd be happy to advise you about the area.

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 month stay in leeds

Try these:-

www.unite-students.com/Leeds

Unipol Student Homes

www.unipol.org.uk

www.cityred.co.uk

www.libertyliving.co.uk

www.parklaneproperties.com/student/

may be some help!

3. Re: 3 month stay in leeds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 December 2011, 13:35
UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 month stay in leeds

I would suggest contacting www.unipol.org.uk It's reliable and supported by the Leeds University Students Union. They also give good advice.

Porto, Portugal
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 month stay in leeds

Thank you so much for the advice.

I already tried the University housing services but they don't have anything for couples.

I'll check the other links you left.

Thank you once again!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
20,620 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 month stay in leeds

Sorry I can't help as it not something I've ever had to deal with. A word of warning though, the two links in post # three are irrelevant and I've reported the post.

Advice from Wegetaboutabit looks good if you want to follow up on those links, and certainly give Gumtree a look. Good luck.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 month stay in leeds

I'm surprised that the accommodation office at LMU can't assist - they used to have a list of people that provided long term B&B type accommodation, plus after the first term, there may be some dropouts but arriving as a couple IS an issue.

You could also try contacting Mary Morris house: http://www.marymorris.com/

They provide accommodation for both UK and overseas students.

Another alternative could be a SERVICED APARTMENT which you can rent by the week - I would seek advice from UNIPOL (link from a couple of people above) who have a long track record in assisting and advising students. I doubt your situation is unique and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,331 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 month stay in leeds

Leeds has good links with the surrounding areas so try broadening your area. Bradford might be a place to consider if you contact the university student services there.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 month stay in leeds

Mary Morris Hall is worth looking into as I know they have married quarters.

Also DO contact Unipol. Whether they can provide help or not they will give you good advice.

Leeds
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 month stay in leeds

I would definitely recommend looking into the Mary Morris accommodation, I have a friend who lives there now with her partner. They are very reasonable and in a good location in Headingley, with easy access to the city centre, going past the University.

I work not far away and we recommended it to an Australian girl recently who didn't like her student accommodation, she was in and happy within a day or two!

Get answers to your questions about Leeds
Recent Conversations