We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

affordable clean accomodation for visiting Leeds Supporter

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
affordable clean accomodation for visiting Leeds Supporter

I will be travelling from Australia to watch Leeds play at home and away in January and February 2012 and am trying to find clean, safe roomshare, hostel or pub accomodation near to fixtures in London and Leeds. The cheap hotels I've looked at have some horrendous reviews and I'm having trouble finding youth hostels in the Leeds area. I'm male travelling alone, looking to pay about $40 AUD a night.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,388 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: affordable clean accomodation for visiting Leeds Supporter

I can't think of a Youth Hostel in Leeds, although I may be wrong Looking at your budget of $40AUD per night, this is approx £25. For that kind of budget your best option would be looking at booking one of the hotels in the Headingley area.

I've added a link to a couple that may be suitable for you if you want to take a look.

http://www.butlershotel.co.uk/

http://www.boundaryhotel.co.uk/

Edited: 22 December 2011, 09:33
Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: affordable clean accomodation for visiting Leeds Supporter

I work in Leeds city centre close to the ETAP Hotel which many of my business colleagues use for a cheap overnight stay. Feedback is that it is inexpensive and basic, but fine.

It's very close to the bus station and about 10 mins walk from the railway station if you wanted transport to the fixtures.

etaphotel.com/gb/…index.shtml

If they can't get into the ETAP the 2nd choice is the Golden Lion which I think now calls itself the Cosmopolitan. It's a little further away from the bus station but a littler nearer the railway station. It may be slightly over your budget but if you were staying for a few days you may be able to negotiate a decent price. The Cosmopolitan is nearer the central restaurants, pubs etc but the ETAP is close to the Palace which is good for reasonably priced food, and serves good beer too.

nicholsonspubs.co.uk/thepalacekirkgateleeds

www.thegoldenlion-leeds.co.uk/rooms.html

I think you will get a mixture of reviews for most 'cheap' Hotels to be honest.

Edited: 22 December 2011, 11:28
3. Re: affordable clean accomodation for visiting Leeds Supporter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2012, 10:23